Voice tags . . . I want them on my Rav4!

Bob-blehead

Midland, MI
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
EX Sedan
Having the ability to set up voice tags on the car itself is a feature I LOVE on the Civic! I have been trying to find a new HU for my Rav4 which has this capability. The closest I can find are units which utilize the voice recognition feature on your phone . . . IF your phone has this feature. Not really what I'm looking for. I've even begun looking at separate Bluetooth adapters that I might be able to use.

Does anybody know what system the Civic's BT is based upon, like Parrot, or Metra? The reason I ask this is: If I can find out this information, then maybe I can narrow my search to HUs that have their BT based on the same system. And yes, I've searched a couple of Ravvie forums . . . for about a month. I've also been looking at units on Crutchfield's site. ANY info that could point me in a productive direction would be GREAT!!!

I have not used them, but I know there are apps available for android/apple that can do that... not sure what phone you have? You basically setup a voice tag for the person in the phone and speak it.

Yeah, I figured that out, but it seems to be mostly on smartphones. Or at least all of the references I've seen lead me to believe so. I have an LG Env3, which is not a smartphone. I loved that I could set up the voice tags on the BT in the Civic, hit the button, say a name after the prompt, and that was it. There are HUs that will allow me to access the voice recognition of the phone ("Call blah blah blah"). And in the end, I guess that would be okay. It's just that the Civic spoiled me in this regard, so I'm thinking that this CANNOT be a proprietary feature of Honda, as I'm sure they probably license it from somebody. The BT in the Rav allows for no voice commands whatsoever. If the BT in the CR-V works the same as in the Civic, I'll be bolting to the CR-V when the lease is up, if not before. (for other reasons as well, not just the BT).

what year is your rav 4? ive dealt with the oem bluetooth on a couple within the past 5 years that use bluetooth dialing with voice tags.

I can also tell you that the avic z140bh has voice dialing, but it uses its own internal voice recognition based on the name in the contact entry

Back