Voided warranty?

Gardnaaa

Hey guys so I lowered my 2014 si sedan like 2 months ago on h&r springs. Before I did lower it, I was hearing a slight clunking noise on the left hand side when I hit bumps. Wasn't that bad so I didn't pay any mind to it (stupid me). I brought to the dealership I bought the car from since it's still under warranty, and they refused to look at it until I paid $107 because it's lowered.(there is 21k miles on it, and I believe it may be a strut). Anyways,the service supervisor was a complete jerk and gave me a huge attitude. So let's say I won't be bringing my car back to the place I bought it any more, I won't mention any names... Cough cough *Morehead honda of Newburgh NY* cough cough. So he said I voided my suspension warranty. So my main question is- if I put my regular springs back on, and bring it to a different dealer, can they tell that the other dealer said I voided the warranty?

Thanks guys I appreciate it,sorry for the stupid question, just don't want to waste my time if I don't have too.

They probably notated it in the system which any other dealer will see. And yes, by changing the suspension to something other than oem you did void any chance of the warranty covering your suspension.

Did you install the springs? Are you willing to pull the one off? Bulky is correct about the warranty stuff. If he noted the suspension warranty, other dealers will see it when they pull your vin. I'd imagine it's more than likely you have something loose. Even a bolt slightly loose could be making noise under full steering wheel lock or whatever.

Most likely your strut cartridge is moving around in the strut housing, could mean you need a new strut. But it could also be the swap bar end link isn't tightened down all the way. Did you put the springs on yourself?

Yeah I installed them with a friend, we are going to take them completely off and reinstall them, and tighten everything up and see what happens. I realized the noise only happens 30mph and lower. So it's weird

Also on the right side, when I turn the wheel it starts popping. I took the wheel off and the rubber piece that I put on the h&r springs that came off the oem ones, was like hanging off a bit. So I propped the spring up with a screwdriver and slid the rubber piece back on. Idk it's all effed up lol

They are on the stock springs? I'm not sure what they are called to be honest. I'm new to all of this stuff lol

@webby I think he means the rubber isolators.

@Gardnaaa Did you happen to buy the rubber isolators from the 2013 Civic Si? I believe that on the 2014-15 you have to buy the 2012-13 lower(and maybe upper) rubber isolators as the lowering springs available now are not specifically made for the 2014-15 Civic Si.

I bought lower and upper spring isolators for the rear. Also the clunking noise might be your sway bar endlink.

Just realized he said 2014. They don't make h&r's for the 2014. So that is likely the issue. Maybe he used the own 2013 isolators though?

I don't know where ProCivic got that information from.... I have 2014 model and Eibach springs on my car. All I need it was new isolators for the rear springs and camber kit.

But the springs didn't come with the older Honda isolators correct? You bought them to make it work.

If a manufacturer lists the same part # for springs on a 2012 to 2015 Civic, then they most likely do not know what is going on. There was a suspension change in 2014. Just keep that in mind when purchasing springs. You will need to purchase rear isolators to make the earlier year springs work on a 2014+ Civic.

I bought them on tire rack. They are listed for the 2014 si. So those are the ones I bought. As far as the rubber isolator things I just used the ones that were actually on the regular springs. Took them off and put them on the h&r's.

So if it's the swaybar end link, can I just upgrade the whole swaybar and be okay? If that's what it is

Back