WARNING FROM GECKO COILOVERS

Discussion in 'Suspension And Brakes' started by bazam83, May 15, 2020.

1. bazam83

bazam83 Well-Known Member

AVOID ! completely , i installed gecko coilovers on my 2012 civic and i lost ride quality , handling and i was going to have an accident , i also discovered that i had a faulty spring rear and wheel mount from day one which they refused to change , not mentioning the clunking and noisy sounds ... i just threw them away and saved my soul
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

sunofwolf likes this.
  2. sunofwolf

sunofwolf Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    honda SI 2013 35% tinted Hondata coupe. SRT-4-Sold ! VFR-800-11750 rpm! Neon 2001!
    Body Style:
    coupe
    Good job, I think stock suspension is actually better most of the time, except for maybe a sway bar, lighter wheels and better tires. The roads are around here a third world not even second. The state is non functional, you could only find worst was with the last governor.:thumb:

3. webby
    • Staff
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

I’ve not seen one person comment or use gecko coils here to know how good or bad they are. Were they really cheap?

4. freggie

freggie Well-Known Member

looks like they are around $1,000. Apart from them being defective, usually coilover's do have a harsher ride, when you go lower with suspension you lose suspension travel and they make the dampers/struts harder to compensate. did they have the adjustable damper?

5. JesseFB6

JesseFB6 Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    Sedan
    never heard of them until now. They look sharp