WARNING FROM GECKO COILOVERS

bazam83

AVOID ! completely , i installed gecko coilovers on my 2012 civic and i lost ride quality , handling and i was going to have an accident , i also discovered that i had a faulty spring rear and wheel mount from day one which they refused to change , not mentioning the clunking and noisy sounds ... i just threw them away and saved my soul
user_online.gif

Attachments

• IMG_20200430_095919.jpg
    IMG_20200430_095919.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
Good job, I think stock suspension is actually better most of the time, except for maybe a sway bar, lighter wheels and better tires. The roads are around here a third world not even second. The state is non functional, you could only find worst was with the last governor.:thumb:

I’ve not seen one person comment or use gecko coils here to know how good or bad they are. Were they really cheap?

looks like they are around $1,000. Apart from them being defective, usually coilover's do have a harsher ride, when you go lower with suspension you lose suspension travel and they make the dampers/struts harder to compensate. did they have the adjustable damper?

Who did you get in contact with Gecko? Did you buy them second hand? If you bought them new they come with a 1 year unlimited mileage warranty on the shock, rubber top mount, and end links.

My buddy Kevin runs KGMotorsports on IG and is an authorized dealer of Gecko and he hasn't seen any issues like that. He's installed them on a lot of Hondas and another buddy of mine has them on his S14 and loves them.

Also, if you lower your car your suspension geometry changes and can adversely effect how the car handles. Have you installed a roll center adjusting ball joint to correct this?

Back