Weather stripping on window came loose?

WhiteFG4

Arizona
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Coupe
As I walked out to my car today I noticed my drivers side backseat window was starting to peel up towards the back. Has anyone else had this problem? It seems the weather stripping is not holding well. Here's a couple pics to show what i mean. I'm gonna take it to the dealership right away.

42b49001.jpg

3810c848.jpg

It's a pretty decent size gap. I'd say maybe 2-3 mm but enough that rain and water could easily come in.

Maybe not enough adhesive applied...report back with an update please.

Maybe not enough adhesive applied...report back with an update please.

That or maybe the heat. It's been really hot for us in AZ. But I will report back asap.

I gotta admit, when I saw you replied I was wishing/hoping you were gonna post a link to another members post, thus giving me some condolence in the fact I'm not alone on this. Haha lol.

Sorry..you're the first I've seen with this.

Buy a tube of honda bond from the dealer. That's what they are probably going to slap on there. Hopefully they take care of it for free for ya.

Ok, so I called my dealership on Friday morning to let them know about this issue. The guy that answered the phone was unable to connect me to my normal service writer so I told him what the problem was. The rear vent window was coming out, there is a reasonably large size gap that water could enter the vehicle. (We are in the thick of our monsoon season, and it has POURED every day since I called). He told me they were too busy for me to bring it by and I could schedule a service for Monday at the earliest, which I did. I asked if there was anything I could do to prevent water or dirt from entering my vehicle, and he told me he would recommend not touching it so it doesn't affect the paint or anything. I let him know I was comcerned about water damage and I asked if anything damaged would be covered by the warranty. He explained that the warranty would cover the weather seal but not any damage beyond (I don't understand why?). So after I took it down there today (and I switched my service writer because my original guy I got was a little disrespectful) my new service guy had it replaced by a glass company that they use for anything like this. So really all the guy had to do on Friday was call a glass company to come out. All in all it was replaced for me under warranty but it was a slight pain to deal with the bozo's in the mean time.

did they actually swap out the window, or just pull yours, reseal it...and put it back in?

Well, at least you got it fixed. In lieu of them committing to fixing any water damage, I would have asked to leave it there (inside), and for them to provide a loaner. Did you end up with any water damage?

did they actually swap out the window, or just pull yours, reseal it...and put it back in?

He didn't say they changed the window, so I'm assuming just pulled it out and re-sealed it.

Well, at least you got it fixed. In lieu of them committing to fixing any water damage, I would have asked to leave it there (inside), and for them to provide a loaner. Did you end up with any water damage?

From what I can tell, no. And I should have mentioned that :/

Back