WeatherTech DigitalFit + Velcro?

carpenj

Monroe, LA
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I should be getting my DigitalFit floor mats (front only) today for my new Si. I've seen some talk about how the passenger side mat doesn't have the clips to hold it in place - has anyone tried sticking a couple strips of the hook-side of Velcro to the bottom of the mat, to help hold it in place? It may be primarily useful on the more vertical outside edge, where I've read it can start to deform over time.

Any reason not to try this out? I wouldn't think it would cause any noticeable wear unless you take your mats out frequently.

I should be getting my DigitalFit floor mats (front only) today for my new Si. I've seen some talk about how the passenger side mat doesn't have the clips to hold it in place - has anyone tried sticking a couple strips of the hook-side of Velcro to the bottom of the mat, to help hold it in place? It may be primarily useful on the more vertical outside edge, where I've read it can start to deform over time.

Any reason not to try this out? I wouldn't think it would cause any noticeable wear unless you take your mats out frequently.

I have contemplated doing this myself. If you plan on keeping them in all year long, you could just stick the velcro to the sides and it shouldn't be a problem.

had mine for almost a year and no probs yet and they have been on since i got them

I've had a set in another car for 4yrs....no issues with deforming/moving around.

Well it's time to tell weathertech to make a new mold

it probably depends on how much traffic you have in the passenger side too during winter because salt can eat stuff up pretty well and deform so that could be a huge factor in the deforming...plus my car dosent see winter so that can be areason why mine havent.

That's what I keep hearing, Squiggy. Did the 8th have clips on the passenger side or something? It seems the mold is perfectly shaped but that edge can get bent in when the mat slides around.

I posted a link to this thread on @XenonDepot 's profile.

Smooth flat surface that is angled at about 45 degrees into the firewall. I do not see how it wouldn't slide forward.

I got this idea last night when I took the roadside kit out of my fiancee's Honda Element and put it in the trunk of my Civic (for a trip we are about to take) and realized it has Velcro on the bottom. It slides all over her Element which has plastic floors, but doesn't budge in my cars trunk! I may do the floor mats this afternoon. If so, I'll let everyone know it goes!

I actually put velcro strips under each side of the mat after seeing it pushed up every time I had a passenger. Sometimes I also get comments on it moving as they got in or out. The velcro does work perfectly if you have a strip long enough. I used 6x1in strips along each side attached closer to the chair side.

Mine don't seem to move at all on my passenger side, don't see how it could . It's got three sides that go up kinda wedging it in

Sit in the passenger side, try lifting your butt like youre pulling out your wallet, it will slide forward. It does it sometimes when people try to get in and out of the low car.

The passenger side slides around quite a bit in the 9th.
maybe it's just the coupes because mine dont slide around at all.
I always have people in the passenger seat (and the backseats) and the mats are so fitted they dont have room to move

Got mine in and they don't slide around easily (although I can 'make' the passenger side slide forward with the reaching-for-wallet maneuver someone mentioned). I'll probably do the 14-hour trip up and see what my passenger thinks about the need for velcro. I am slightly annoyed, though, that my drivers side mat doesn't want to lay flat on the floor. Maybe some heat will help it mold itself to my car. Oh, and I have the sedan as well.

Side note, my factory carpet floormat was already worn about 1/3 of the way through where my clutch-brake heel sits, after 5 days of driving lol.

To install, poke a hole in the cars floor carpet(not floor mat that came with it, that should have been removed), then stick the "T" part though the hole from the bottom of the carpet, then put something on the top of the "T" to transfer a colour(baby powder?) so you'll know where to poke the hole in the new mat, then just put the disc on top and turn.........
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-BMW-Floo...862?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43c08e24e6

Back