Well I parted with my 9th gen si

Sources within Ford have now told insideline that these photos depict a close rendition of what the 2015 mustang will look like.

newmustang_1600.jpg

mustang_rear_9a_MTa_1600.jpg

A step in the wrong direction in my opinion.

I like the current Mustang for the classic lines. Modern look not going to work for me. I could appreciate a completely new modern design but a half breed not too much.

You really can't get another 5.0 liter car with around the same price tag.

Looks like a Fusion, Mustang, Camaro hybrid to me.

In my opinion they're doing the same thing they did when they came out with the "futuristic" looking Mustang in the 90's. I wasn't really a fan of that one, but this rendering has enough classic cues to keep my interest. I can't lie...I've loved the current body style since they introduced it. They can't really take it much further though, so I can understand this being another "futuristic" evolutionary step. It looks nothing like it, but for some reason it reminds me of the Mach 3 concept they did years ago.

fordmustangmach3_wip42.jpg

Last edited:
Well like most times when designers change the look of an old classic people tend to always react negative at first, but it eventually grows on people and they accept it. Kinda like when they changed the headlights on the vette and now the new taillight design. I love the way classic cars were designed especially the muscle cars. The s197 to me is the best looking mustang since the muscle car era died out. It's a modern but classic look, and since 2011 the 302 has been back in the gt, with that I believe ford finally got it near perfect, if only they had done away with the solid rear axle. With this new design I believe they are screwing up again, but never the less the car will sell like it always has and people will enjoy it as they have for decades.

Congrats man! I really like the classic mustangs too. I don't know much about em but I really like how they look. Especially the 1966 GT-350H Shelby. Hope you enjoy your car and stick around!

Last edited:
Congrats man! I really like the classic mustangs too. I don't know much about em but I really like how they look. Especially the 1966 GT-350H Shelby. Hope you enjoy your car and stick around!
I enjoy contributing local ricers to the rice thread to much to leave. ;) that and I still love civics too and can't wait to start seeing seeing some boosted rides on here.

In my opinion they're doing the same thing they did when they came out with the "futuristic" looking Mustang in the 90's. I wasn't really a fan of that one, but this rendering has enough classic cues to keep my interest. I can't lie...I've loved the current body style since they introduced it. They can't really take it much further though, so I can understand this being another "futuristic" evolutionary step. It looks nothing like it, but for some reason it reminds me of the Mach 3 concept they did years ago.

fordmustangmach3_wip42.jpg

Cool. a 2 door 2003 Taurus convertible. How'd I miss that?! jk.

Back