What do you think of the g8 gt?

bmac

Covington, La
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Sedan
I found a 2009 Pontiac g8 gt for an amazing price. It has 89,000 miles on it. It is completely loaded. It also comes with a lifetime engine warranty. I think I might be trading in the civic. As much as I love this car, I have always wanted a g8. Just looking for opinions on what you think of the g8 as a car.

Discontinued car as of 2009 with a short production run? I would not buy one simply due to potential cost of replacement parts and lack of aftermarket support. Slap on horrible fuel efficiency as well.

You are finding a good price because there isn't any demand.

Discontinued car as of 2009 with a short production run? I would not buy one simply due to potential cost of replacement parts and lack of aftermarket support. Slap on horrible fuel efficiency as well.

You are finding a good price because there isn't any demand.
It has a Chevy ls2 engine.

Agreed. It's essentially a Holden Commodore, which is still GM.
True, but that is for the Australian market. Parts may be available, but at what cost?

Essentially, what I am getting at is that there are many downsides to owning a car that has been discontinued...especially when the production run/sales were dismal in the first place.

And the newest US version/counterpart to the Holden Commodore is the Chevrolet SS.

They've always caught my eye, but they're down on power, compared to their two door brethren, and only offered in an automatic. Sort of a turn off.

True, but that is for the Australian market. Parts may be available, but at what cost?

Essentially, what I am getting at is that there are many downsides to owning a car that has been discontinued...especially when the production run/sales were dismal in the first place.

And the newest US version/counterpart to the Holden Commodore is the Chevrolet SS.
I do understand what you are saying. I'm going to have to think long and hard about this one.
They've always caught my eye, but they're down on power, compared to their two door brethren, and only offered in an automatic. Sort of a turn off.
Well my philosophy was I would run it until the tranny goes out then switch it over to a manual.

IMG_3197.JPG

A person here at work owns this one.

In truth I don't think it would be as fun to drive as the Si after the V8 novelty wears off, but I do think it's a good looking car for a 4 door.

Give it a test drive. You may love/hate it after trying it out.

Ive driven one and they're awesome. I types a few searches into google and it looks like theres plenty of the major aftermarket stuff like coilovers and engine parts for it too. Sucks that theyre automatic, thats the only reason i wouldnt get one

Back