What hid kit is good for our cars?

Check out ddmtuning.com I've never had any problems with them for all my cars and they don't cost too much. Lifetime warranty, who can complain.

However I typically find their warranty procedure is absolutely atrocious. I use Theretrofitsource.com(TRS) and I believe a few people on here do as well. Just give some places a call and talk to them and see how you feel, a lot can be learned about a company just by talking to them on the phone.

Typically they ask to send the part back to them first and then you have to wait for a new part to come from China which can take a couple of weeks.

I used xentec on my mustang and prelude. Had issues with the ballasts going out.

If you really want a good set of hids, go with the site @FRDRICE provided. But if you just want hids that do still work well, go with the one I provided. And don't go the eBay way. Lol

The Elite kit will certainly get the job done but if you want the best ballast then go with the OEM. However OEM ballasts are not waterproof out of the box but you can do it or TRS, they charge $100/pair.

Maybe you can explain the difference in 35w and 50w systems as well? And the 3five and xb35 bulbs? Also the Canbus and relay?

The 35w setup is based on the industry standard and the original design for HIDs. It produces roughly 3000 lumens per headlight (about 3x your stock halogens) and in a complete kit would include a 5-year warranty as the estimated lifetime is about 5-7 years.

The 50w, in contrast, produces more light (perhaps about 20-25% more) but also more heat, so in smaller applications, some heat-related damage can occur. Because most bulbs are still designed for 35w, the 50w ballasts effectively "over power" the bulbs, making them appear slightly more yellow in color as compared to their true 35w color.

It's truly just a matter of whether you prefer reliability or the most light output possible. For most installs, I prefer 35w.

Between the standard 3Five and upgraded XB35, there are a few notable differences:

- The XB35 has a proprietary halide salt mixture that ensures higher luminosity, the highest degree of Kelvin (color) accuracy, and an OEM-like life span.
- The XB35 has a Philips-style metal base that ensures the bulb glass is kept at perfect alignment. The 3Five has our standard ceramic sleeve for alignment.
- In addition to the standard silicone cover on the wiring of the 3Five bulbs, the XB35 have a nylon mesh weave to ensure the best shielding.

For the civic you will want the HD Relay. The canbus is only for cars that have bulb out messages, typically only German cars.

Thanks dude! Really appreciate it!
972d78162d67d42b23ef8c030790de67.jpg

I recommend removing the bumper just so you can install everything easier but its up to you.

Back