What is the difference Hondata carb flashpro and non carb?

do you input what you did to the car and what the modification was when your in the windows program?

The CARB FlashPro is more limited as in you cannot make as many changes to the calibration file as you could with the Race FlashPro.

If you simply want a bit more power and more of a performance feel while making sure your car is CARB legal, then the CARB version is the way to go.

If you plan on installing things like downpipes, upgraded throttle bodies or even Flex fuel, then the race version is the way to go.

As for choosing the correct calibration that will suit your mods, I would recommend downloading the FlahsPro software from Hondata's website and check out the calibrations they offer. It's free to use before you buy the unit.

Last edited:
^ that. One is for California emissions - carb hondata. So, you could be pulled over and you are carb compliant and cannot get a ticket. It is limited in what you can do with it.

pretty much i would be happy just a q300 and a good down pipe header with the k&n and im happy. get a little better mpg and a few more horses to have a little lead on these turbo si's. Not looking to race and pass smog.

Last edited:
Talk to hondata before purchasing. Their forum has posts from hondata staff that say "you cannot tune the vehicle with carb hondata units". It goes on to say you can only load their epa carb maps. A guy on youtube said they only offered 2 epa carb maps for his accord. I cannot find a listing of what maps they supply for the 2012+ civic under the carb unit. On other forums for the accord and 10th gen civic it says there are specific maps that you can upload only.

Their "features" page for the carb product contradicts what they say in their forum.

2012 SI / Acura ILX tuning features
  • Ignition, fuel, idle speed, table editing.
  • VTEC window.
  • MAP sensor based tuning.
  • Rev and launch limiters.
  • Map tracing & lambda overlay.
  • Choice of either AFM or MAP based fuel tuning.
  • Expanded fuel, ignition and knock tables for forced induction.
  • 4 bar MAP sensor support (43 psi).
  • Support for larger injectors.
  • Injector latency / dead time.
  • Individual cylinder fuel & ignition trim.
  • Individual cylinder knock count
  • Works with Hondata Traction control
  • Starting calibrations for NA, forced induction & larger injectors.
========

^ those features are listed word for word under the carb unit and the non carb unit.

users posted this below when they tried to load a tune from their etuner on the carb unit - errors and wouldn't allow the custom tune.

carb.png

i installed the flash manager and it tells me the usb driver is not installed correctly and seems an issue in the software. removed.

Did you actually buy a flashpro? The driver can't be installed if you don't have the unit plugged in via usb. You can still check out the software in the meantime.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Did you actually buy a flashpro? The driver can't be installed if you don't have the unit plugged in via usb. You can still check out the software in the meantime.

not really i wanted to check out the software but it's not working so i uninstalled it.

This is what I see. The calibration windows are not coming up to check out.

Attachments

• Screenshot-2018-08-20-15.22.jpg
    Screenshot-2018-08-20-15.22.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 14
That "Calibration" window you are seeing is only to show details about the calibration such as adjustable settings and any notes you make.

To open a calibration for your car you would need to click on new calibration.
new calibration.jpg

But lets say if i have the invidia q300 and a k&n installed what would be a map to choose?

For CARB there is only the MAF tune or stock reflash option.
Custom tune is always best but you will be fine on the MAF tune with the mods you listed.

Back