wheel rust

maark808

So I've got rust behind my si wheels and on the brake rotor and I didn't have the car for a year yet , how do i remove rust?

Rotors will rust with weather/non-use. Driving the car and using the brakes will remove it. It'll just go back to rusting if you live in a humid area, or after a rain. If your car sits outside, it'll be even more prone to rusting.

Rotors will rust with weather/non-use. Driving the car and using the brakes will remove it. It'll just go back to rusting if you live in a humid area, or after a rain. If your car sits outside, it'll be even more prone to rusting.
hawaii salt everywhere, so I shouldn't worry about the rust behind the rims? like the center cap part but behind it.

It's pretty normal. It's not clear coated or anything on the back side of the rim. Every car I've ever owned had rust spots on the inside of the oem wheels. I'm sure others will also verify theirs have spots as well.

Most brake rotors are cast iron. So yeah, they rust. You'll be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix
Dar beat me to it. But yes, most of those parts have high iron content which rusts quickly. It looks bad but mostly nothing to worry about.

An expensive fix might be to pour or spray milk on them everyday. I bet whole milk would be best.

Back