Wheel spacers

webby great video link sir! you are awesome as usual.. :)

Nix nice photo.. ok i will do that! great advise! let me clarify again, spacers will lessen the offset of the wheel and will push the the wheel towards the fender? i might be wrong.. hehehe!

2nd question: does spacers affect the stability of the wheels? i moght be wrong again.. LOL.. just bear with me..

if you get thick spacers, you're losing threads to keep your lug nuts secured properly. It can get to a point where you have to use something like below which holds your rims on securely.

IchibaspacersV2.jpg

Yea man you got it. Spacers "lessen" the offset of the wheel. The lower the number the closer it moves to the fender. Spacers don't necessarily effect stability but it is another set of nuts and bolts you have to check and keep tight! Low offsets whether from spacers or just the design of the wheel will put additional strain on the wheel bearings so they may wear out earlier but I don't think you would have to worry too much.

I couldn't say! My accord had over 200,000 miles and I only replaced one wheel bearing. Depends how and where you drive but they last a long time.

If I wanted my stock si wheels to be flush with the fenders, what wheel spacers would I need?
I know it's a lot to ask but can someone who knows more about these such things provide a link to what I'm looking for?

If I wanted my stock si wheels to be flush with the fenders, what wheel spacers would I need?
I know it's a lot to ask but can someone who knows more about these such things provide a link to what I'm looking for?

I have 5 mil spacers and there's still about an inch gap. I would recommend 20 mill spacers, but then you need to get extended studs or the type of spacer pictured above. If you are lowered though and you want your wheel to sit flush with your fender you will most likely need smaller stretched tires and your fenders rolled.

Unless you absolutely love the look of your si wheels it is better to buy a wheel in the offset you want. Good spacers are not cheap either. Certainly less than wheels but still spendy for a decent set.

Also, say you buy a 15mm spacer. Your stock studs aren't long enough so you need to buy extended studs and have those put in. If you don't want to do that, then you can get the ichiba v2 spacer with the studs already attached. Except..... your wheel will hit on the stock studs sticking through and you will have to grind them flat. Either way it's a pain. Also grinding your stock studs means you cant just take the spacers out and go back to stock. You'll have to buy new stock studs and install them.

Somewhere around a +35 or +30 gets pretty close to the fender. Are you wanting to do fender work? Roll & trim? How low are you going with your car? A 17x9 +22 is really really flush.

Be careful running more than a 3mm spacer on stock studs. You might not have enough threads sticking through to get good engagement from the lug nuts.

Last edited:
Reactions: mph
Unless you absolutely love the look of your si wheels it is better to buy a wheel in the offset you want. Good spacers are not cheap either. Certainly less than wheels but still spendy for a decent set.

Also, say you buy a 15mm spacer. Your stock studs aren't long enough so you need to buy extended studs and have those put in. If you don't want to do that, then you can get the ichiba v2 spacer with the studs already attached. Except..... your wheel will hit on the stock studs sticking through and you will have to grind them flat. Either way it's a pain. Also grinding your stock studs means you cant just take the spacers out and go back to stock. You'll have to buy new stock studs and install them.

Somewhere around a +35 or +30 gets pretty close to the fender. Are you wanting to do fender work? Roll & trim? How low are you going with your car? A 17x9 +22 is really really flush.

Be careful running more than a 3mm spacer on stock studs. You might not have enough threads sticking through to get good engagement from the lug nuts.

Good info right there. I'm running 5mm spacers on stock studs with rsx wheels (17x7 +45 I believe) I was told 5mm is the largest you should go on stock studs, do you think I'm running to large of spacers to be safe?

Hard to say without seeing it. I think the rule of thumb with lug nuts is that you need to engage as many threads as the diameter of the lug nut. I don't know the size of the 12' si off hand but it's probably close to 12mm & Honda thread pitch is 1.5mm per thread.

You'll need 8 turns of the nut to engage 12mm worth of threads.
8 turns x 1.5mm = 12 mm of engagement
7 turns x 1.5mm = 10.5mm
6 turns x 1.5mm = 9mm
5 turns x 1.5mm = 7.5mm

Take one off and put it back on until it's tight and see how many turns you get. If it's only 4-5 till it's tight I think you might be running a little short. 7? You're probably ok. I'd say get extended studs with the 5mm spacer just to be safe but check it out and see what it looks and feels like to you.

Extended studs or spacers with studs pressed into them already?

It really depends on the wheel style and the back side of the wheel face. Some wheels have enough room or the spoke doesn't lay over the stock stud. Also a thick enough spacer will cover the stock stud so it either does not or just barely sticks through.

Back