Why do people do this?

Shong1up

Ohio
Vehicle Model
2015 Hyundai Genesis
Body Style
Sedan
-c5a8ea09bb08c106.JPG

This is ****** shitty.. why steal someone else's ****?

Reactions: Nix
Yeah, that is just a really low thing to do. And then leave the car on milk crates? I'm sure there is more damage from that than just the pain of stealing the wheels.

That's terrible. Even if a car has wheel locks, people will still find a way to get the wheels off. It will only take them a bit of time...

Damn! :cornmad:

What wheels were on the car?

Edit: If it was stock.. Why steal them?

I don't know but I saw this on an online newspaper and it outraged me that wheel theft is on the rise and the picture they used on the article had to be a 9th civic si. But yeah I just ordered some Gorilla Lug nuts and I'm gonna get a tilt sensor installed at best buy this weekend.

Not losing my property to some cretin who steals things at night

Sucks, but should be expected when owning a Honda Civic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I tell you guys. I used to live in Brooklyn NY.

Literally, this type of crime happens every night in the neighborhood of Bay Ridge and Bensonhurts in Brooklyn. The toppest prime target is any Honda and second prime target is Toyota Mini Van.

http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/39/36/br-rim-thefts-in-ridge-2016-08-26-bk.html

I recall the news saying all those victims have the stock rims with oem wheel locks.

One time I was driving my civic around that neighbor. A cop pulled me over and asked, "Do I know anything?" I was like, "Yeah right, that's your job dude!".

I personally think it's a group of people who know stuffs inside out doing this type of crime every night.

Yeah, that is just a really low thing to do. And then leave the car on milk crates? I'm sure there is more damage from that than just the pain of stealing the wheels.
@Nix
You think milk crates is bad. How about cinder blocks?
I saw one car myself with cinder blocks that has all 4 rims gone that got the rock panel bent......

I tell you guys. I used to live in Brooklyn NY.

Literally, this type of crime happens every night in the neighborhood of Bay Ridge and Bensonhurts in Brooklyn. The toppest prime target is any Honda and second prime target is Toyota Mini Van.

http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/39/36/br-rim-thefts-in-ridge-2016-08-26-bk.html

I recall the news saying all those victims have the stock rims with oem wheel locks.

One time I was driving my civic around that neighbor. A cop pulled me over and asked, "Do I know anything?" I was like, "Yeah right, that's your job dude!".

I personally think it's a group of people who know stuffs inside out doing this type of crime every night.
thieves typically know the area pretty well from where they steal... its almost always in inside job

I personally think a Heckler and Koch is the best anti-theft device.

Back