Will 17x8 +40 rub?

Steve-O

Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
2CE6BE96-D6EA-462D-A788-CAB8B17E4733.png So I found out I have 2 bent wheels from a near accident sometime back. Which means it’s time for my first set of new wheels! I’m looking at some Konig Ampliforms in 17x8 +40 with 225-45 tires. I couldn’t find much info of people on here with +40 offset. I plan on lowering it sometime in the future 1-1.5 inches (possibly HFP). Any idea if they will rub on my ‘13 Si Coupe? Also do y’all have any recommendations for lug nuts and locking lug nuts?

Last edited:
open ended $50 Lug nuts- I used 7075 alloy-must be hand tightened and checked once in a while-use some anti seze so he lug nuts won't weld to the the steel-loss about a pd per wheel. I have a set on Koing 17 x7 daylights not made any more-only 17 pd rims which will run the 225 size same as the stock wheels I may add-what about tnps sensors-you will have to add if you want to take off the traction control-Honda didn't have to add this to its computer program which pisses me off

View attachment 58849 So I found out I have 2 bent wheels from a near accident sometime back. Which means it’s time for my first set of new wheels! I’m looking at some Konig Ampliforms in 17x8 +40 with 225-45 tires. I couldn’t find much info of people on here with +40 offset. I plan on lowering it sometime in the future 1-1.5 inches (possibly HFP). Any idea if they will rub on my ‘13 Si Coupe? Also do y’all have any recommendations for lug nuts and locking lug nuts?
Very functional setup, you shouldn't have any rubbing issues.
As for lugs, take a look at the muteki sr35

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I used to have an 14 Fg3 automatic, and recently bought a 15 Fg4 SI. On my old car I was running an 18x9.5 + 40 on 215/35/18 equipped with 20mm spacers all around and rear camber arms.

I’m deciding to transfer my wheels over to my new SI and run 18x9.5 +40 with a 225/40/18. I’m still stock everything but I plan on going megan coilovers with about an 1.5” drop. My main concern isn’t the fenders, but the inner strut. Will I clear? (I’m still waiting on my wheels to get back from powder coating so I can’t physically test fit) I don’t wanna buy tires for it yet if it’s not gonna clear anything.

Thanks much!

You are probably better off posting in the wheel/tire fitment thread. The OP has a totally different setup than you.

I know there have been some issues clearing 9" +45 so you may have the same issues up front. Pretty aggressive fitment for these cars.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I used to have an 14 Fg3 automatic, and recently bought a 15 Fg4 SI. On my old car I was running an 18x9.5 + 40 on 215/35/18 equipped with 20mm spacers all around and rear camber arms.

I’m deciding to transfer my wheels over to my new SI and run 18x9.5 +40 with a 225/40/18. I’m still stock everything but I plan on going megan coilovers with about an 1.5” drop. My main concern isn’t the fenders, but the inner strut. Will I clear? (I’m still waiting on my wheels to get back from powder coating so I can’t physically test fit) I don’t wanna buy tires for it yet if it’s not gonna clear anything.

Thanks much!
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/9thcivic-ride-of-the-month-january-2013-winner.6705/
He ran 9.5+38 on bc coils but it still took fender work.

Back