Window rain guards

SI13guy

Hey I've been reading a lot on here lately but haven't ever seen anyone paint their rain guards body color. Would that look weird or did I just miss it. I have a 2013 taffeta white and was thinking of doing it myself but wasn't sure how it would look.

I've never seen anyone paint them. You'd block some visibility when you're inside the car if they were painted.

Don't do it..... It looks ugly...
But if you really want to see how it looks like, you could get a can of plasti dip and paint it.. The white color plasti dip is very close matched to Taffeta white color.

I'm with tak. Try plastidip first and see how you like it. If that works for you then paint match it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You could get a white tint overlay for them that way it's still transparent and would kinda be like an accent or something

I cant see painting these looking good, but if you do go with it take others advise and either use plasti dip or vinyl overlay. That way if your not satisfied with the end result your not out a set of guards.

What is this white tint overlay?? does it look smooth or does it have the little round holes in it to see through and look rough from close up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also what about using it as like a vinyl strip across the top of the windshield. I haven't seen that done either. Would look odd too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vinyl strip across the top of a window may be illegal. Besides that, when you roll the windows down, the sunblock goes with it.

A handful of people have windshield banners. I just can't think of who has them off the top of my head.

I have a windshield vinyl. Great for blocking the sun in the top part of the windshield when visors may not cover it all.

76ae9c7b573398cbd4865c889188a144.jpg

Oddly enough saw this on my drive home the other day.

mmmm....
:coolpics::yeahthat:
Could it be from SI13guy ?
Anyway, I don't feel it with painted.
What do you guys feel it about?

I wouldn't do it cuz it'll block visibility.
Being a tall guy, I'm was already having trouble seeing around my A-pillar.

Back