Window tinting.

Ray_Kauffman

Philadelphia
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
coupe
So the first mod i'm going to do on my coupe is probably going to be tints. I've see everyone do them differently. I was thinking 20% all around, but then i thought maybe do the back window a 15% and the little window a 50%. I have no idea.
I was just wounder what you guys have done/wanna do?

I'm not sure what the tinting law is in PA. But if you can, I think the best would be 20% all around. Visibility is still enough, especially during the night.

Since I live in CA the legal limit is 70 on the front but figured can get away with 50 and then 28 in the back. So far never had a problem. 20's range is actually pretty nice.

I live in CA also and I did 35% front and passenger, 20% back two, and 5% limo on the very back window. Gives it a nice progressing look and I like it a lot. My friends GTI has 20 on the front and limo on the rest and he's never had a problem here

I've got 35% all around mainly because its illegal on the front windows and I really didn't want a big difference between front and back. I figured 35% was a good compromise between being noticeable but not too dark.

There is another tint thread on here with pictures. It should give you some ideas with examples.

Well since this thread is recent. Does anyone have a pic of 9th civic with 50% tint all around? Ohio legal limit for front side is 50%. So I'll have to do 50% to not get a ticket and I don't want the back to look different.

I have 5% all around and love it. Its pretty dark though so if youre not going for basically black id say go 15-20%

Well since this thread is recent. Does anyone have a pic of 9th civic with 50% tint all around? Ohio legal limit for front side is 50%. So I'll have to do 50% to not get a ticket and I don't want the back to look different.

From Monk in the aforementioned thread:

This is 50% F-sides ; 35% R-sides ; 35% Sunroof ; nothing to front or rear windows.

5kpog9.jpg

k1x9o9.jpg

15r19o8.jpg

In PA it says 70% is the legal limit which is basically stock IMO. If i was gonna risk it i would go dark vs getting a 50% tint job and hating it while getting tickets. Unless your LEOs don't really care about it.

Last edited:
I like 15% rear and 35% everywhere else. I live in Ohio. Technically illegal but I have never had trouble with it.

Came back to add a pic of the 5% for you. I live in PA too and its not legal but i dont worry about it. Ive had every car ive owned tinted this dark for over 10 years now and ive been pulled over for everything under the sun, never gotten a tint ticket. At this point if i get one i figure im due so im not really worried about it.

3_zps191f3e65.jpg

5_zpsa6afbc5e.jpg

In PA it says 70% is the legal limit which is basically stock IMO. If i was gonna risk it i would go dark vs getting a 50% tint job and hating it while getting tickets. Unless your LEOs don't really care about it.

Yep. I feel the same way as well. CA is also 70% which is retarded. I do understand why these limits were imposed due to some damn idiot hid a gun when a cop approached the car and killed him. Ever since then they always approach the passenger side. Still they want to be able to see in. 50% is good enough to see compared to lower % number.

So I took a balance of having my fronts 50% and rest at 28% so the cops will know I am trying to keep close to the law as possible. So far they haven't bothered me with it.

Yep. I feel the same way as well. CA is also 70% which is retarded. I do understand why these limits were imposed due to some damn idiot hid a gun when a cop approached the car and killed him. Ever since then they always approach the passenger side. Still they want to be able to see in. 50% is good enough to see compared to lower % number.

So I took a balance of having my fronts 50% and rest at 28% so the cops will know I am trying to keep close to the law as possible. So far they haven't bothered me with it.
"YOU" are correct in the LEO reason for window tint, that is what they all claim........ I on the other hand don't see the difference between black out tint and a panel truck with no windows at all(driver window excepted).

"YOU" are correct in the LEO reason for window tint, that is what they all claim........ I on the other hand don't see the difference between black out tint and a panel truck with no windows at all(driver window excepted).
I totally agree! have seen those full size vans with curtains!!! You can not see through them at all. Whats the difference in tint? If you were going to shoot a cop why pull over in the first place, just floor it.

Last edited:
I totally agree! have seen those full size vans with curtains!!! You can not see through them at all. Whats the difference in tint? If you were going to shoot a cop why pull over in the first place, just floor it.

Yep I totally agree. Unfortunately, it takes one idiot to make the rest of us suffer. I.e. futile attempt of a shoe bomber on the plane (luckily) and now we all have to take our shoes off during screening. WTF?

Last edited:
Back