Window tinting.

I was happy with my 35%, made driving on sunny days much more comfortable. I am less concerned with privacy or being unseen though. You can still see into the car with 35%. I personally don't like any window but the rear windshield darker than 20% and even then I stopped at 15% and was quite happy with the results. Trucks and cars with high beams couldn't bother me haha.

Made backing up a pain at night, I found I parked near the back of the lots where I could pull through two spaces or ended up rolling my window down sometimes or getting a passenger to assist when I had to back up. Rear view camera would have helped immensely but that was an 8th gen. I haven't gotten around to attempting a rear view install on my 9th yet. Not sure if I'll even be able to afford it.

In Ohio, Front seat side windows have to be 50%, rear sides and back window can be as dark as you like. I can't recall the windshield but I think it's 5" down and 35% limit.

Last edited:
the backing up is a very good point. I didn't have a problem with backing up until I just tinted my taillights.... I'm starting to think that it was a bad idea... As far as privacy I'm in a car not a room so I'm on the same page as you Scotty. I just think the car looks way better during the day with 20% tint or lower

Mine is going in for tint today! I'll post up some pics when I get it later on. I'm thinking 5% on the back window and rear sides and either 35% or 20% on the front windows.

Ended up going with 10% on the back window and 35% on the rear/front sides at the advice of the guy doing the work. This car is my daily driver so I didn't want to push it. Hopefully it looks alright.

Ended up going with 10% on the back window and 35% on the rear/front sides at the advice of the guy doing the work. This car is my daily driver so I didn't want to push it. Hopefully it looks alright.

im interested to see what it looks like. do you have black interior?

I have 40% all round in California. You can still see inside during the day. but at night you cant, only a shadow moving. It is my daily drive and my tint film is expensive (huper optic ceramic tint). So i chose 40% to be safe.

Tint came out really good! I'll post up some pictures tomorrow. Having a 10% back window made the 35% sides look really dark. The dot matrix at the top of the back window is bubbled right now, so we'll see how that turns out in a week or so.

The dot matrix always stays kind of bubbled/silvery looking, no way around that really unless you want to try to sand the dots off. May end up scratching the hell out of the window though.

taxes are paying for the ma legal 35 all around

taxes are paying for the ma legal 35 all around
my eye doctor told me i could get a prescription for how ever dark of tint i wanted in ma. i decided against it because even if i have a way to prove my tint is legal i don't want to get pulled over all the time and have them find other things. i hate ma and there stupid laws

Back