Winter/Summer tire help

boejoula

Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I have A-Spec TL rims, 18x8+45 and want to know what the best tire size is for these. What's a good summer tire to get. I was looking at the Conti extreme contact dw.

Also for my stock Si rims what's a good snow and ice tire to get? Was thinking blizzak but not sure which ones.

Other suggestions are appreciated.

Hakka Rs are amazing in my opinion I can compare them with X Ice and Blizzak and they win hands down. They also have a very long life, which I cannot vouch myself for yet, but I read tons of reviews that mention 4 to 6 seasons out of them, obviously depends on how much you drive them. For me it is the first year i bought them since I got them for a good price but I am very very happy with them.

http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=11949&group=1.01&name=Nokian+Hakkapeliitta+R

Hakka Rs are amazing in my opinion I can compare them with X Ice and Blizzak and they win hands down. They also have a very long life, which I cannot vouch myself for yet, but I read tons of reviews that mention 4 to 6 seasons out of them, obviously depends on how much you drive them. For me it is the first year i bought them since I got them for a good price but I am very very happy with them.

http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=11949&group=1.01&name=Nokian Hakkapeliitta R

Sorry man my mind is in the winter obviously, that or I really like my tires :)

For summer Michelin Pilot Super Sports have amazing reviews. Yokohama have good but not best reviews, but I always had a good drive with them.

I have Conti DW's on the car for summer and I love the grip and the wear is great.

As for winter General Altimax Artic is my suggestion.

Best size for the 18x8? I would say 235/40/18 or 225/40/18.

I have Conti DW's on the car for summer and I love the grip and the wear is great.

As for winter General Altimax Artic is my suggestion.
Would you say the tires alone improved handling a noticeable amount? Do you feel safe pushing the limits on them? And do you have any suspension work done?

thanks webby! Gonna read all three of these now

Best size for the 18x8? I would say 235/40/18 or 225/40/18.
Thanks! I had read 245/45 but that sounded to wide. Plus, I think 45 is too big for an 18 with my car being lowered, I don't want to rub.

Suspension wise I have Tockino Blues, HFP springs and a SI rear sway, tire size is 225/45/17, as for confidence as long as the tire has the right pressure between 35-42 psi it's a very stable tire that I have no problem pushing to edge and when you get to the edge it doesn't just stop having grip it's a very gradual and controlled. I have actually almost tripoded the car with the suspension and tires.

Suspension wise I have Tockino Blues, HFP springs and a SI rear sway, tire size is 225/45/17, as for confidence as long as the tire has the right pressure between 35-42 psi it's a very stable tire that I have no problem pushing to edge and when you get to the edge it doesn't just stop having grip it's a very gradual and controlled. I have actually almost tripoded the car with the suspension and tires.
So you don't have the Si. They sound like they're just what I'm looking for. I have the Si, and I push the limits when cornering. I'm lowered on 8th skunk2 springs and stock struts. Going to do a rear sway and was planning on coils but I'm not sure anymore, might just go with some new struts and call it a day there. Thanks for the help!

LOL, no SI here just a LX... If you want action shots look on the dragon thread I have pictures posted of my car

I have the DWS Extreme contact and I don't like them. They're great in the snow, good in the rain and lame when it is dry. Cornering is squishy. They are way too "safe" of a tire for the Si imo.

A stock Si's Michelin tire is poop.

Back