Super Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
Charlotte-ish, SC
Vehicle Model
Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Body Style
@bootyluvr hates hatches
So after all the crazyness from the weather people is actually happening....and earlier than expected too!

The sleet started to come down about 8:30am or so. Hoping to get out of work early......

Winter weather storm 1.0 was about a week ago and nothing happened. BTW....I'm in Charlotte, NC.

1/2 inch is already horrible for me. I hate snow. Today, in the morning the snow barely started, didn't even hit the ground yet, people got into accidents already. Clogged up the freeway. I swear they probably like, "Ooh, what's that white stuff in the sky...Oh no....Clash"

I woke up and watched her play in the snow for a little while...they just grow up so fast :sadface:

6ocIoHP.jpeg

You get out of work because of sleet? Haha... if we get 8 inches of snow, we're just told to leave early in the morning so we're not late getting to work.

That's living in the South for ya, lol. I don't think I will be getting out of work but some of the ladies here got a bunch of calls due to school closiongs around 10am.

THe sleet was sticking to the roads but since stopped and melted. Supposed to get the "real" storm come in about 1pm or so.

In order to even simply consider closing anything down, we would need to get at least a foot of snow. And then, it is no guarantee.

The "south" doesn't keep quantities of road salt, plows etc that areas in the north use. You also have to think that next to no one is used to driving in snow, have summer tires installed, or whatever. Unprepared.

In order to even simply consider closing anything down, we would need to get at least a foot of snow. And then, it is no guarantee.
Yea but here in CLT no one preps for snow. I saw people this morning in the sleet going 70-80 on 85, and I'm almost positive they were still on summer tires. There were at least 2 accidents on my way to work, and the snow/sleet had just barely started.

you're right though. They just aren't prepared for that stuff when they don't normally get it. Some people have never seen snow. Ever. Now imagine them all driving around having no clue what to do on summer tires. Accidents everywhere.

Yea but here in CLT no one preps for snow. I saw people this morning in the sleet going 70-80 on 85, and I'm almost positive they were still on summer tires. There were at least 2 accidents on my way to work, and the snow/sleet had just barely started.

We are always prepped for snow around here. Especially because of the lake effect bullshit. We mainly use all seasons around here. I don't know anybody that swaps winter and summer tires.

Northern Indiana/Southern Michigan, btw.

We are always prepped for snow around here. Especially because of the lake effect bullshit. We mainly use all seasons around here. I don't know anybody that swaps winter and summer tires.

Yea but that's still a heck of a lot further north than the Carolinas are. We might get snow once or twice a year. The municipalities aren't going to spend money on something that's a non-issue most of the time.

I'm originally from Hawaii, where the only snow you'd find is on top of a 13,000 ft and 10,000 ft volcano, but I'm pretty sure I'm a better driver in the stuff than most people around here.

Basically, you have to weigh the cost to benefit ratio of losing a few days of work a year vs spending lots money on stuff that's gonna sit unused most of the time. I understand it's different up there, but we aren't exactly wasting any of the seasons down here either

BTW, the worst offenders I've seen are those rednecks in big pickup trucks. They think that their 4wd, lifts, and big off road tires will get them through snow and ice like nothing, so they don't slow down at all.

Yea but that's still a heck of a lot further north than the Carolinas are. We might get snow once or twice a year. The municipalities aren't going to spend money on something that's a non-issue most of the time.

I'm originally from Hawaii, where the only snow you'd find is on top of a 13,000 ft and 10,000 ft volcano, but I'm pretty sure I'm a better driver in the stuff than most people around here.

I had a friend move to Wilmington, NC senior year off high school and was pulled over for driving because the town/roads were closed for about half an inch of snow. Cop saw his Indiana license, laughed, and said he could be on his way.

Back