3.15" pulley question

JAYBLS

Oh, you said WITH bolt ons. That's easy: between 260-300whp, depending on which bolt ons, injectors, and dyno.

Bulkybear

Hows the heat with the stock pulley and no cooler? Thats the only thing I worry about for when I go SC. Don't want things running too hot.

JAYBLS

There are two "stage one" pulleys from CT-e: 3.8" and 3.6". All the beta testing was done with the 3.6" pulley. I have to assume that the 3.6" pulley and bolt ons would be fine for the life of the car without any after cooling.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
I don't really like the KW kit. If I wanted a centrifugal compressor, I would go turbo.

I have searched everywhere I can think to look and I cannot find anyone that has installed the CT-E kit without at least a down pipe and exhaust. That being the case, nobody knows exactly what kind of power you'll get from just the CT-E kit. They claim 60-70whp, but they've never tested their kit on a 100% stock 9th gen Si.
https://www.facebook.com/hondaprojason
@HondaPro Jason

JAYBLS

He had exhaust on his car when he installed the SC from what I could tell. I just messaged him on Facebook. Since I know he had the stock intake, what I'm mostly concerned with is whether or not he had the stock down pipe. I don't really care if he had cat back exhaust as that makes little difference. Hopefully I get a response from him.

JAYBLS

He replied. The only mod he had on his car at the time was a down pipe, so it seems that there still has not been anybody with the CT-e SC with a stock down pipe.

RR'12SiCp

PA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Excellent thread. Thanks for the posts. I have the opportunity, maybe, to get the stage 2 cte with 3.15" pulley with no after cooler, but I'm worried about engine longevity. I have all other needed supporting mods to handle forced induction.

xXCiviXx

Calgary, AB, Canada
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
I know this is an old thread, but I'm thinking of upgrading to a 3.15 pulley, uncooled w/E85 in the spring. Will the E85 be cool enough to run more reliably without an aftercooler? Also what injectors would be ideal and what power range would I be looking at? Currently 3.6 pulley, 550cc injectors, PRL SRI and Full Race Catless DP w/stock exhaust. Thinking of going this route since we just got a gas station with E85 in Calgary (Canada).