Anyone here a beer advocate?

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
Just curious on how much money you guys spend on these craft brews in a period of like 6 months.. It's gotta get kinda pricy eventually.

Now don't get me wrong, I love me some nice quality beer, but there is no way in hell with the amount me and my roommate drink that I would be buying it 24/7...

Haha I'm drinking a tall boy of rolling rock right now and I'm perfectly fine with that.. Does the job and is just as refreshing after a hard days work as almost anything else..

Cheers guys

Uhh. A lot. Never really took the time to calculate it :giggle:

I spend anywhere from $30-50 every time I make a "big" beer run (which is 1-2 times a month). And I usually pick up various 6 packs/or bombers throughout the week, whenever I see something new, or when I'm simply in need of more beer. I'd say $80-100 a month would be a conservative estimate (not counting what I spend at bars).

Craft beer definitely can be pricey, for sure. But there are always those budget options for when you can't splurge. There's no reason anyone can't afford a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada Pale or Torpedo when they want to drink on a "budget". At the most, $3 or $4 more dollars than a 12 pack of bud light. The way I look at it, if you can't swing that, you probably shouldn't be spending your money on alcohol in the first place.

FooBird

If the Foo...well, you know. Just wear it.
Kirkland, WA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
Uhh. A lot. Never really took the time to calculate it :giggle:

I spend anywhere from $30-50 every time I make a "big" beer run (which is 1-2 times a month). And I usually pick up various 6 packs/or bombers throughout the week, whenever I see something new, or when I'm simply in need of more beer. I'd say $80-100 a month would be a conservative estimate (not counting what I spend at bars).

Craft beer definitely can be pricey, for sure. But there are always those budget options for when you can't splurge. There's no reason anyone can't afford a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada Pale or Torpedo when they want to drink on a "budget". At the most, $3 or $4 more dollars than a 12 pack of bud light. The way I look at it, if you can't swing that, you probably shouldn't be spending your money on alcohol in the first place.

Well, maybe. Around here is seems to be $8 or something for a 12 pack of Budweiser and $13-15 for a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada...darn you Washington. The special stuff like the Creme Brulee stout and the Ommegang come as a big bottle like 750ml or something and can cost $8 for a bottle but those are 9% alcohol and drink like wine.

More expensive to buy a bottle of Jack D's. You have a $3.77 charge for purchasing liquor and another 20.5% sales tax. A $15 bottle of Jack comes out to $22 after taxes. So...the liquor doesn't flow very often here. That gets pricey with a minimum of $7/bottle in taxes. Ugh.

Taffeta 12

Antelope Valley
Vehicle Model
Honda civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Yea it's about the same here in California.. Which is why I don't always buy the good stuff. It's just too expensive. Sometimes I just want a couple cold beers after work.. I don't need some fancy stuff for that. I will drink pretty much anything if it's free haha.

If I'm buying and going the cheaper route, I'll at LEAST get Miller Lite. There's also Rolling Rock, and a handful of others I can't think of right now that do the job for me haha.

To each his own though, it's still beer at the end of the day, and beer is awesome.. :)

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
Well, maybe. Around here is seems to be $8 or something for a 12 pack of Budweiser and $13-15 for a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada...darn you Washington. The special stuff like the Creme Brulee stout and the Ommegang come as a big bottle like 750ml or something and can cost $8 for a bottle but those are 9% alcohol and drink like wine.

More expensive to buy a bottle of Jack D's. You have a $3.77 charge for purchasing liquor and another 20.5% sales tax. A $15 bottle of Jack comes out to $22 after taxes. So...the liquor doesn't flow very often here. That gets pricey with a minimum of $7/bottle in taxes. Ugh.

Anheuser Bush products are that cheap there? It's about $11 for a 12 pack of Budweiser here, while I can pick up any Sierra Nevada 12 pack for $14. It's a no brainer. Sam Adams (while no where near the quality of SN), is roughly the same price.

That's about how much bombers are here. I think Ommegang and Southern Tier stuff are actually more expensive then that here.

Liquor is super expensive here... compared to some states. Like Florida for example. I was down in Florida last spring and bought a 1.75ml of Jack... for something like $35. That same bottle would cost $50+ in WV. Crazy.

I also bought a 750ml of Duvel for $10 down there. It costs at least $12-13 here.

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
Yea it's about the same here in California.. Which is why I don't always buy the good stuff. It's just too expensive. Sometimes I just want a couple cold beers after work.. I don't need some fancy stuff for that. I will drink pretty much anything if it's free haha.

If I'm buying and going the cheaper route, I'll at LEAST get Miller Lite. There's also Rolling Rock, and a handful of others I can't think of right now that do the job for me haha.

To each his own though, it's still beer at the end of the day, and beer is awesome.. :)

But if you're buying it... it's not free :think:

Taffeta 12

Antelope Valley
Vehicle Model
Honda civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
But if you're buying it... it's not free :think:

Of course.

But its beer at the end if the day. No need to be one of those beer snobs.. just saying.

I dont see whats wrong with a 12 pack of some budwieser or something every now and then.

Last edited:

HeelsandEers

Motown, WV
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FA5
Of course.

But its beer at the end if the day. No need to be one of those beer snobs.. just saying.

I dont see whats wrong with a 12 pack of some budwieser or something every now and then.

Well what you said didn't make sense, hence why I said that.

I don't consider myself a beer snob. I'll drink any beer someone offers me. What I won't do is spend money on beer I don't like. There's really no reason to.

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
Someone is thirsty :giggle:

Have you had the SN stout yet? Delicious.
It is amazing. :beer: A friend brought Heavy Seas Winter Storm Cat 5 Ale and another brought the Well's Banana Bread Beer and Young's Double Chocolate Stout. We had a good party going on!

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
I live in Kentucky now. Been about 35 days or so. Umm... beer is priced very well but bourbon..... umm... yea. About that... I can't afford not to drink it.