Buy 9th gen or wait?

Ceekypi

First off, I'd like to say that I'm new here. Hello!

I've decided it's time to upgrade my '04 LX with a shiny new '15 EXL but now I see they're doing yet another redesign for '16. I was aiming to make my purchase in April sometime. Should I wait?

I hate that they keep changing so frequently.

Michal006

PA
Vehicle Model
Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 6MT
Body Style
Access Cab
What redesign for 2016? We might get all new Civic next year or in 2017, but there is nothing official yet.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Nothing has been set in stone that 2016 will be a redesign...yet. All we have at this point are rumors of a supposed 10th generation civic photographed with camouflage. Honda hasn't stated anything that 2016 will be a new civic. The fact that we've yet to see any "concept" vehicle released to the public makes it unknown at this point, and most of the auto shows have already taken place for this year. If they were going to show a concept vehicle, I think we'd already have info about that happening. They could still do a concept at a late 2015 auto show with a 2016 release date, but who knows.

Michal006

PA
Vehicle Model
Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 6MT
Body Style
Access Cab
Maybe they will say something during New York auto show.:think:

Michal006

PA
Vehicle Model
Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 6MT
Body Style
Access Cab
In 2010 there were some spy shots of the 9th Civic

Ceekypi

Gotcha. I guess I assumed we would get a new civic along with the Type R if that happens in the US.

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
Gotcha. I guess I assumed we would get a new civic along with the Type R if that happens in the US.
There's always going to be changes every few years, or they would drop in sales since cars last 10/20 years now days.
I think they've reached out a lot into the 15's, but with most redoes on models the price will keep going up as well.
If you've got the bug to buy, go for it, if you want to wait to see a change you can wait, if the car you have isn't giving you any trouble................ I have a 2012 and see no reason to upgrade at this point.

Welcome !