Civic type R insurance question...

pukemon

Sorry, I am asking here because 10th civic is dead and I figure I would get more and better responses here. Anyways...

Anybody here previously owned a civic type R? Any of them and also specifically the hatchback version. What was insurance rate? Did it go up noticeably since it is sportier? Or up because it's kind of limited edition and more expensive? Or did insurance stay about the same? Preferably prefer answers from previous/current owners that are 21 and up, or rather not in the teenager more of a liability group? Can't get a quote/ballpark figure fr insurance since it will be at least another year before it hits stateside.

Also, any other possible higher expenses than a civic si? I've looked at tires and 235/35 R19 is definitely not a common tire size. There are more summer and track tires that size than all seasons. Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 seems to be the go to all season tire for the type R and it's currently $190 USD on tire rack. Summer tires seem to $250 and above. Track tires are clocking at close to $300 or more.

And what's the latest rumor for MSRP in the USA? We already know 30k in the UK and 3250 pounds for the gt pack. That translates I to about $45k USD going by currency conversion but some stuff like cars and smartphone are priced according to market rather than currency conversion.

Any other questions or discussions about the type R, I'm sure many others and myself would like to know.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
They haven't talked about any pricing, and it's not really going to be a direct price swap from euros to usd from everything I've read. Everything is purely speculation at this point. I'd imagine nothing will be known until a few months prior to it being available. Same reason you're not going to get insurance ideas on a car they don't have pricing & specs for. If it's a 30k car, it'll be similar to a 30k sportscar w/similar safety features. If it's closer to a 40k car, it'll be similar to a 40k sports car w/similar safety features and so on. If you want something to potentially compare things to, ask your insurance to quote you a 2015 wrx limited and a wrx sti for insurance. That'll probably be a realistic idea for insurance. A lot goes into it like crash ratings, weight of the vehicle, safety features, anti theft etc. They need that info to give accurate pricing.