squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
I guess some people must enjoy the hobby of tinkering and doing something by themselves.

This right here.

Personally, I think it makes more sense to spend that extra money and just buy a faster car with the engine already putting out the HP that you are looking for.

Depends. I can buy an Si for $22k, put $10k into it, and be faster that many stock performance cars that easily run $35k+. Of those people who buy those cars that are into the hobby, how many of them do you think won't sink more money into them? Plus, in the end, I know I have quality performance parts as opposed to OEM performance parts and the car is unique to my tastes as opposed to something homogeneous.

Dennis Rockholt

9k Alll Day
Franklin, TN
Vehicle Model
370Z Fairlady aka "Nismo"
Body Style
Coupe

Michal006

PA
Vehicle Model
Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 6MT
Body Style
Access Cab
WAKE UPPPPPP :beer::beer::beer::corona::corona::corona::corona:

Juice with bubbles? Samuel Adams or bust:domokundance:

Bulkybear

This right here.

Depends. I can buy an Si for $22k, put $10k into it, and be faster that many stock performance cars that realistically run $35k+. Of those people who buy those cars that are into the hobby, how many of them do you think won't sink more money into them? Plus, in the end, I know I have quality performance parts as opposed to OEM performance parts and the car is unique to my tastes as opposed to something homogeneous.
I see both sides. I like personalizing cars with mods. But I've found that oem parts tend to be better quality than a lot of aftermarket parts. I've also found that stock cars tend to just drive better than modded cars. Sure you can buy a civic for 24k, put 10k in it and have a really fast car, but at the end of the day you still have a civic. I could take 34k and buy a Mustang GT or Camaro SS that also have 400+ hp and the potential to hit even higher performance if I did want to mod. And at the end of the day it will still be a higher class of car than the civic.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
I see both sides. I like personalizing cars with mods. But I've found that oem parts tend to be better quality than a lot of aftermarket parts. I've also found that stock cars tend to just drive better than modded cars. Sure you can buy a civic for 24k, put 10k in it and have a really fast car, but at the end of the day you still have a civic. I could take 34k and buy a Mustang GT or Camaro SS that also have 400+ hp and the potential to hit even higher performance if I did want to mod. And at the end of the day it will still be a higher class of car than the civic.

Yeah, that really comes down to power goals and the relation between the personality of the owner and the car. For me, I don't see myself driving a Mustang, Camaro, Charger, Challenger, etc. I also prefer smaller cars.

Bulkybear

Yeah, that really comes down to power goals and the relation between the personality of the owner and the car. For me, I don't see myself driving a Mustang, Camaro, Charger, Challenger, etc. I also prefer smaller cars.
Understandable. I would, however, my dream car, realistic dream car anyways, is a BMW 328i, 335i, or m3 lol.

Reactions: Nix

Michal006

PA
Vehicle Model
Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 6MT
Body Style
Access Cab
I can actually see myself in a Mustang. Especially after driving my friends 2014 5.0 with bolt ons and later bone stock 2015 5.0. Something about Mustangs and V8 gets me going:oops:

Also this:drooling:
2015 Ford Mustang GT
BASE PRICE $32,925
PRICE AS TESTED $46,380
VEHICLE LAYOUT Front-engine, RWD, 4-pass, 2-door coupe
ENGINE 5.0L/435-hp/400-lb-ft DOHC 32-valve V-8
TRANSMISSION 6-speed manual
CURB WEIGHT (F/R DIST) 3814 lb (54/46%)
WHEELBASE 107.1 in
LENGTH x WIDTH x HEIGHT 188.3 x 75.4 x 54.9 in
0-60 MPH 4.4 sec
QUARTER MILE 12.8 sec @ 112.2 mph
BRAKING, 60-0 MPH 107 ft
LATERAL ACCELERATION 0.96 g (avg)
MT FIGURE EIGHT 24.7 sec @ 0.84 g (avg)
EPA CITY/HWY/COMB FUEL ECON 15/25/19 mpg
ENERGY CONS., CITY/HWY 225/135 kW-hrs/100 miles
CO2 EMISSIONS, COMB 1.06 lb/mile

It's a heavy pig, but muscle cars were never lightweight.:tumbleweed:

Dennis Rockholt

9k Alll Day
Franklin, TN
Vehicle Model
370Z Fairlady aka "Nismo"
Body Style
Coupe
ehh id rather have a new sti or s2k or evo lol ....

True, but damn I bet its fun though. Dont regret it man, lots of hard work and energy, and a rare car to see with those numbers. Its yours! You built it!

Kevv_Si

Indianapolis
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
Not happy with the Civic anymore?:hiding:
I actually love this car. The look on people's faces when the bov goes off is truly priceless. This car is easily a high 11 sec car. But the thing that gets me is that with a 5.0 you can be that fast with just simple bolt ons lol.

Mikeorock

queens, ny
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
I like that my car is original. I dont see any turbo civics in my neighborhood.. plus, its just a civic but when people hear and see me flying by, it not just a civic anymore...
I learned alot and i love transforming my car and seeing the results.. that is the best part about it for me... (thank god for this site haha)
But yea, dont cheap out on a cheap turbo.. its a new car.. the only thing i wish i did different was just buy a cheaper car with a good engine.. this way im not worried about blowing it up and throwing alot of money out. Because now, i definety baby my car and it kinda kills the enjoyement just a little bit..
If i do it again i might get an s2000 and just have some fun with it..