Garmin VIRB XE Auto Racing Bundle

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
I was wondering if anyone has bought one of these yet? I was looking at a GoPro then noticed that the Garmin had one that seems pretty cool.

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Yeah I seen some video's on it. For the price it seems to be a good buy for what you get. I also wonder how accurate the Data Relay is. And how good the Picture and Video quality is vs. The GoPro.
I almost bought it today just to try it out but 400$ is a lot of money.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Way cheaper than any of the Motec units. Most of those track displays are like $2k minimum.

@jrotax101 may have a suggestion on a better device for track timing that won't break the bank.

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
This is prob the most in depth comparison I've seen showing video side by side between the two in a ton of different modes and scenes

View: http://youtu.be/Pii9Vb55Njk
Nice video I did not come across that one on YouTube thanks. But I guess it all depends on what you want or what you will be using it for. but I do like more of the features of the Garmin but for the sound not so much.

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Way cheaper than any of the Motec units. Most of those track displays are like $2k minimum.

@jrotax101 may have a suggestion on a better device for track timing that won't break the bank.

This is the first time of me hearing about this mo tec engine management and data acquisition systems. I really need to stop sleeping under this rock.

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Oh nice 200$ sounds much better but with it being in a water resistant case I wonder if the sound would muffle like the Garmin

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Oh nice 200$ sounds much better but with it being in a water resistant case I wonder if the sound would muffle like the Garmin
You could do what nomar did on the dragon most likely. He had a mic cable going into his engine bay to capture sound. I've always had mine in the case while driving. Protects the lens from bugs and rocks etc.