GoPro cam issues

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Hey, so i've got a gopro and ive been trying to shoot some vids of a drive around here. I can't seem to get the video to playback on my PC. I have no trouble playing back my bike vids I shot with quicktime but the car cams won't play.

I do usually shoot the bike cams in 960p and I shot the car cams @ 1080. Playback is super choppy and I also can't seem to find a program to rotate the image since I mounted the cam upside down. Arrrgh.. anyone else here have any experience with the gopro? Ive been on their user forums but all the advice and programs don't seem to work and all the "free" suggestions seem to lead to scam/malware pages.

I'll try and reshoot in 960 later on but I think the quality may not look too good because of the speed.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
I can't really give much feedback as I don't have a gopro, but I have talked with their tech support through email, and they were very helpful. They responded in like 24hrs, and answered all of my questions.

http://gopro.com/support/
scroll down and fill in the lower portion. Other users here may be of help, but contacting them wouldn't hurt.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
they did make a 960 version, which you can still buy.

960p: 1280×960 Ultra Wide and Tall HD featuring a 170º angle of view, 30 fps, and 4:3 aspect ratio. It also shoots in 720p 16x9. It's like 80 dollars less than jumping up to the 1080p models

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Mine has a few different settings on it. The 960 is mostly just an aspect ratio difference. I use it when I make cams on my bike cause it opens up more of the trail. I have like 5 different resolution settings. The playback and an editing program are whats sticking me right now. I noticed that at very high speed on the bike the 960 looked a little blurry. So far even with the choppyness the 1080 from the car looks very clear. Hopefully ill get it sorted out soon. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Yeah, I did after I read your suggestion. I don't know why I didn't think to do that. Duh, it's like looking in the fridge for ketchup and you can't see it. Anyhow they got back to me quick.

Basically.... hahah... and I already knew sort of... my computer is too old and slow.

I took some footage over to my friends house and it played back fine on his comp. So I have to find some free time to sit over there and do a quick edit and upload. Then I should be able to update a thread so you guys can see.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
oh yea, it's a program called StreamClip. Again same problem... old comp new programs = not enough hp to race.....

pgFA

Btw, you can always set your gopro setting to upside down so when the camera is upside down, the video is not. Just a suggestion instead of going through a software to rotate your vid. And in my opinion, 720 60fps is the best settings... R3 I believe.

Reactions: Nix

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Nice! Thanks pgFA. Im definitely going to look through the instructions and see if mine has the rotate option available. Ill also try that shooting mode.