HDMI Cable

Have a very important question for everyone and any help is appreciated. I purchased the $100 HDMI to iphone5 cord and after I connected it, the screen told me that I did not have the proper app downloaded and it would not work after that. My main thing is that I wanted to use my Google Maps GPS on my iphone. I know there is some Honda Link app for $60 or so that allows you to use THEIR gps or something along those lines.

Basically, my question is, can anyone tell me what the whole deal is with the HDMI cable and what i need to do to get some form of GPS in this vehicle?

2014 Honda Civic EX

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Honda Certified Applications:

HondaLink Launcher (Required-Free): Locate and download HondaLink certified applications.

HondaLink Connect (Required-Free): Provides nearby points of interest search and weather, provides messaging to customers for DTC and maintenance Minder alerts, service scheduling by phone and access to Owners Guide. Operate these through the steering wheel controls/buttons.

HondaLink Aha (Optional-Free): Listen and manage thousands of internet radio channels; access to weather Trip Advisors, Yelp, Facebook, Twitter and more.

HondaLink Navi (Optional-Purchase): Navigation application that provides route guidance with real-time traffic and pre-set destinations. Touchscreen or operate these through the steering wheel controls/buttons.

=====

my understanding is you have to use their navi app to get the actual navigation on screen.
https://hondalink.honda.com/

Yes that is the case. I have looked into it. $59.99 in the app store and of course it uses data when you use the app so there goes my cell phone bill going over the data limit since I am only allowed a certain amount.

I have also come across some pretty bad reviews of the Honda GPS app. Does anyone have any feedback from it on here? or maybe there is another thread about it.

Lastly... side note....

with the Mirroring for the iphone while the car is in park, how has that been working out for you guys? I have become very frustrated several times now where I plug the HDMI cable into the iphone5 when i get into the car to try and play around with it, and NOTHING happens. I go to source and click on "HDMI" of course, and still, NOTHING! The only thing that happens is a new arrow that appears on the right side of the screen. When i click it, it tells me that the proper Honda Link apps haven't been installed yet and to please download them. Then down the road i'll stop, put it in park, try HDMI again, and wala, it mirrors the iphone the second i reconnect the HDMI cable.

Very annoying bc I want this to work whenever I plug it in but it's not doing it.