Hid problem, please help

Gardnaaa

Hello fellow civic owners. I have a 14 si sedan and I just put 8k low beams in from modify street. I noticed my drivers side hid seems brighter and it's pointed higher up than my passenger side hid. I pulled my car against a flat concrete wall and I noticed it. I don't have relays yet but I find it odd that one is higher than the other. If you guys have any suggestions or had the same issues please let me know.

Thank you

Gardnaaa

That's what I was thinking, I haven't checked on it. But I remember it clicking, had some problems getting the driver side inn due to my big hands. Maybe one of them isn't in all the way but I could of sworn I felt them both click into place

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
you want your passenger higher than your drivers side....

normal below - make sure your bulb is seated properly. You can also adjust them up/down by using the screw on the back of the headlight.

pic below isn't from a 9th, but most adjustment screws look similar. Stick a large phillips down in the teeth of the adjustment screw & turn. One way will raise the beam, and the other will lower the beam.

Gardnaaa

Thank you for the tip!! I didn't know you could physically adjust the bulbs like that. I just what them to be level with eachother. I was driving behind my friend to honda day on Sunday and he said something to me about the driver side being brighter than the passenger side and I didn't even tell him I was having the problem. So it's obviously noticeable, and I don't want people to see it like that, kinda embarrassing lol

Gardnaaa

Thanks webby!! I'll have to look it up, cause I can't seem to find the adjustment screw. Hopefully that'll take care if the problem

gunit

Does the 14 si come with stock projector housings or do they still have the reflector housing. The reason im asking is you installed hids and that pic you posted is normal but to have the light directed in that manner is actually pretty good.

Gardnaaa

It's the reflector housing, if you want projectors you have to do the retrofits yourself. Still haven't fixed my issue yet, I'm just gonna have the dealer do it prob