HPD spec k24z7 at sema

MNwhiteFB6

HPD showed a concept of an HPD civic si that shows what kind of stuff the civic si will get in the HPD accessories. Does anyone know what they mean by a k24z7 race engine? will the 2014 civic si come with an option to buy an HPD civic si from factory with an installed modified k24z7 race engine? What are the modifications if any? maybe a supercharger for us 9thgen like how they offer the HPD CRZ for the 2014 spring. IDK but if someone knows what HPD is up to for the 2014 civic si engine, tell us. I know there will be an all new aero kit, rear spoiler, and big brake kit options, as they show that the crz already gets these for sure as an added option. The HPD CRZ gets a 6 puck clutch but i assume this would mean you will have to order a brand new CRZ pre-built so that they can put in the 6puck clutch, I assume honda will want to do it this way to save money and to prevent disassembling a brand new car after a person just bought it. get what I mean. So this is why I wonder what HPD means by having a k24z7 race engine in the HPD civic si for 2014. I'm thinking you will have to specifically order an actual HPD civic si to get one....so this got me thinking, maybe do I wait until they announce what they are really doing to the engine before buying a brand new 2014 in december. IDK I'm just really confused.

http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=7457-en

What are they up to?

Sleepingpanda

Kung-Fu Panda
Boston, MA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
If you search. Hpd has had a race k24z7 out since 2012. You can only buy it if you are a member of Hpd. To become a member you need to be a licensed racer in their specified associations. And you need to tell them what car you're building. Where you're racing. When you're racing. And so on.

It's basically a z7 block with a k20 head.

Better off building one on your own. This engine will never ever ever be offered as an option so you can retain any sort of warranty.

Even the article you linked says that.

FooBird

If the Foo...well, you know. Just wear it.
Kirkland, WA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
Unless Mr. Panda they do something with their street lineup. That was another thing with 2014 was intro of HPD options and parts for the non-SCCA drivers. Started with CR-Z...what of Civic?