Just took delivery of my '13

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
Welcome to the site. Maybe the sub isn't connected? Lol.

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
Welcome...... Looks good...... Let us know if and what you do to your sub.........

9000 RPM

Brooklyn NY
Congratulations. Welcome to the forum. The break in period is tough. I'm going through it myself!

your engine is already broken in, probably not at good as it could have been had you not babied it.

only way to break it in is with gas pressure and that's within the first few miles (50ish).

in short just go and crack V man!

JaydiemTRAN

ᴛᴏᴘ ᴇɴᴅ ʀ4ᴄ1ɴ6 ᴍᴏᴛᴏʀᴡᴇʀᴋꜱ™|ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇʜᴏᴜꜱᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴀᴅᴀ™ ɪɴᴄ.
T0R0NT0, CANADA
Vehicle Model
Accord SE
Body Style
Sedan
Welcome to 9thcivic! Congrats on your pick up!

Nine Point Five Gen

Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
Thanks guys! It's not the best pic so I'll post up more when it's cleaned up again. I love the new lines with this body style, actually the online dealer pics don't do it onc ounce of justice as it looks like a much different and better looking coupe in person.

Regarding the break-in, there actually aren't any instructions with this one in the owner's manual so I'm just following the '11 instructions stating no full throttle starts or hard accelerations for the first 600 miles.

As for the sub, my '11 factory sub was much louder, almost as if it was an aftermarket sub and amp, but I did notice the '11 sub wasn't an 8" circle, it was actually shaped like an oval 6x9 hence more surface area equals more sound. I'm not really sure what I have planned for it, I so have an 8" MTX free air laying in a box that runs on 100 watts RMS so I'm thinking I'll try swapping them because I use my trunk A LOT so I don't want to sacrifice any storage room along with the fold down rear seats.

I'm not really planning on any other mods for now since I rather enjoy the fuel economy vs stock performance, I was averaging 31mpg on my '11 with the K&N drop-in filter, and that was VTEC'ing the hell out of it on a daily basis driving back and forth to the office on local roads.

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
There are two ways to break in an engine, one is the book, like you're doing.......... Then there's the drive it like you stole it, put the pedal to the medal, way of doing it........
Either one works, but the difference is a better time in the quarter mile if it's broken in hard......... It's also said that it better all round for it to start it the hard way........

I think they're right, but I still like to work the rpm's progressively for the 1st few 100 miles, then do the higher rpm's more after the 3-500 run in........

Bulkybear

There are two ways to break in an engine, one is the book, like you're doing.......... Then there's the drive it like you stole it, put the pedal to the medal, way of doing it........
Either one works, but the difference is a better time in the quarter mile if it's broken in hard......... It's also said that it better all round for it to start it the hard way........

I think they're right, but I still like to work the rpm's progressively for the 1st few 100 miles, then do the higher rpm's more after the 3-500 run in........
I have put my foot through the firewall since I bought mine at 5 miles and have never had any problems.

silver04v

I'd say I've been pretty aggressive at times. Fairly easy on it for the first few hundred miles, just smaller burst to vtec range. Then longer pulls to redline. Now has 2k miles and getting 34.5 mpg

Derek2456

I have hammered mine since day 1 just like Bulkybear and have not had 1 problem. Currently sitting at 2,800 miles. I do mostly city driving and get an average of 29.1 I am very satisfied with that. On a straight trip I get 37ish. Only mods are K&N Typhoon and P2M throttle body spacer. Exhaust is next on the list.