Mike's boosted build

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Wowza. How u running it? Along the same path as the stock line?

561boost

That’s what I ran a -8 to a surge tank 3 pumps inside it and a -6 return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Told ya. especially if u have mounts.

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
I am finally finished with my base tune. I was working on getting the AEM boost controller to work and eventually took it out and changed my spring's for the 2nd time today. Now we can start moving forward on making more boost currently now making 16.8 lbs.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
How much do you plan on making?

your stock internals right?

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
How much do you plan on making?

your stock internals right?
I am going to take it out as far as I can. I don't know what numbers I am currently making at the moment but from just running 12.2 psi the car was running strong and pulling really hard.

I am currently on stock motor and have plenty of room to push it with the factory internals. But for the transmission I am currently pushing it over the limits lol. I spent most of monday taking my old K24Z7 apart and just admiring the old motor and getting ready for a rebuild.

Last edited:

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Isn’t there a giant hole in the block?

Honda-Fan

Dallas, Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Coupe
I am going to take it out as far as I can. I don't know what numbers I am currently making at the moment but from just running 12.2 psi the car was running strong and pulling really hard.

I am currently on stock motor and have plenty of room to push it with the factory internals. But for the transmission I am currently pushing it over the limits lol. I spent most of monday taking my old K24Z7 apart and just admiring the old motor and getting ready for a rebuild.

Kinda dumb question, but how old would you say is too old to boost an engine? >.>

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Isn’t there a giant hole in the block?
That motor has a good size hole in the bottom of the block and oil pump from the rod. Not planning on using that one we were just taking it apart for fun so when we I get a new block I have an idea what to do as a rebuild stand point.

Last edited: