New to messing with a car

ColeTrain0311

Hi, my name is Dylan Cole, I purchased a 2012 Si Black back in may. My overall plan for this car is to run it until it craps out on me, but i want to make it fast and fun, however I know very little about cars, so Im asking you all, in your own opinion, what would be the first steps in making this car fast. I could care less about the exterior right now. Any opinion will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

FB2Chris

Welcome :wavey: An intake, downpipe, and exhaust will yield you good gains, even more so with FlashPro.

ColeTrain0311

thank you so much, ok i know absolutely nothing about tuning, so is this flash pro like a pre tuned chip or do you have to tune it yourself? Reason being is because Im a marine deployed right now and when I return from deployment I want to start building it up

FB2Chris

thank you so much, ok i know absolutely nothing about tuning, so is this flash pro like a pre tuned chip or do you have to tune it yourself? Reason being is because Im a marine deployed right now and when I return from deployment I want to start building it up

FlashPro is something you tune yourself assuming you know what you're doing. @VitViper specializes in doing FlashPro tunes for various setups.

ColeTrain0311

thanks again, do you guys have any recommended brands of said intakes, downpipes and exhaust? Me personally, i dont want a high pitched sound, Id like a low to mid growl sound

FB2Chris

Brooksie365

Worcester, Ma
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
welcome to the forum! I just traded in my black 2012 si. The number one thing you want to do is take care of the paint. That is one thing that bothered me more than anything was the swirls. rasky and @Nix are amazing detailers and have great suggestions and will help you with anything you need.
As for fast and fun i went with a full race down pipe and cat back for exhaust invidia intake and a tune from vit viper. The car was an animal and a lot of fun to drive. if you are going to be doing mods yourself just take your time. When i was putting my down pipe on i was taking off the wipers because i was trying to rush and cracked my windshield.
Enjoy your car have fun and be safe!!

BtownSi

Gotta Love It
Bedford, Ma
Vehicle Model
SI
Body Style
Coupe
thanks so much guys, I thought i was going to blasted for being new to this, but you all are quite helpful

na that doesn't happen here. here, we'll point in you int direction with threads already done and give honest input. the rest is up to you. welcome to site and future build!

Brooksie365

Worcester, Ma
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
thanks so much guys, I thought i was going to blasted for being new to this, but you all are quite helpful
No blasting in webbys house. I hate to say it I have been trying to find a forum like this since I sold the civic for my sti and there is nothing even close to this. We all love cars and we share so any questions ask away!

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM

A "Deployed Marine", and worried about getting "Blasted" on the "internet".

Welcome, Keep your head down............ Thx for your service..............

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Hey Cole, welcome to the forum!.. and... yeah ask anything you want here. We are all ready to help. There is a lot you can do to your car, it just depends on what you want to get out of it.

Some basic bolt-ons like exhaust and intake can be a fun place to start. There are some great DIY articles by @squiggy if you want to try and attempt some of the installs yourself. The civic is a very easy car to work on and it's a great feeling to be able to have done it yourself and also save a ton of $$.

Hondata Flashpro is probably one of the best mods you can get for your car. It will not only maximize the cars potential but will also let you get the most out of any parts you do buy later on. Vitviper has already been mentioned and is a great resource and tuner. Even completely stock your car can benefit from this. It is a little pricy though. Just read a lot and decide what you want from your car.

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
I don't call this exterior as such, it's a performance part you can see it from the outside but you'd have to lie under the Si to see it......
After you get all these things to make it a "Go-faster".......... I'd suggest a Beefier rear sway bar, there's plenty of Si users that have them that can guide you in the right direction as far as what size to buy, $$$$ they run about $150± ............
Brake pads are another part to consider at some point in time.

Reactions: Nix