Not happy with paint job?

sircoffee

California
Vehicle Model
Civic EX
Body Style
Sedan
Okay so Before I even got my first oil changed, I got hit in the back. Story short, Insurance claimed and repaired at the body shop. I noticed that when I pick my car up, there are dirt under the paint. I called the shop about it and made an appointment to get it wet sanded. I got the car back and still noticed there are still nibs in the paint. Also, there are parts of the bumper that is not painted, like they missed that spot or something. On the picture, it looks like a chip but Its not, I ran my finger through it and there is a clear coat over it Suggesting that it was a missed spot. Also, near the taillights, it looks like a spot on the bumper got chipped, I assume it from when they were putting the bumper back on and accidentally chipped it. Anyways, Im totally done with this shop and I dont want to go back to them since I got more damages going in there than coming out. Also I left a review exactly how I felt about them on yelp.

Since it was an insurance claim, should I call my insurance company and complain (this shop was recommended by them)? Will they send me to a different shop, I don't want them to tell me to go back to the same shop.

One of many dust nibs

Unpainted section:

I don't know how this chip happened, but I assume it's from putting the bumper back on?

Last edited:

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
The one spot by the light might be a polishing compound or something (hard to tell from the pic) the body shop used. Wet a Q-tip and gently rub that spot. See if it goes away. I'd contact the insurance company and explain everything that has happened to this point and that you don't want to send it back to them for another round of repairs. See what the agent at the insurance company says & go from there. I've had similar things happen at a shop & it took 3 times before they got things fixed. It was a nightmare, but they did admit that things weren't right each time I pointed out problems.

sircoffee

California
Vehicle Model
Civic EX
Body Style
Sedan
Is not any compound/wax reside or anything. Its a nightmare fro me too because I had to keep going back to the body shop because conveniently I start work 1 hr from the time they open and it takes me 45 minutes to go to work get that from that location.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Is not any compound/wax reside or anything. Its a nightmare fro me too because I had to keep going back to the body shop because conveniently I start work 1 hr from the time they open and it takes me 45 minutes to go to work get that from that location.
did you talk to your insurance company?

sircoffee

California
Vehicle Model
Civic EX
Body Style
Sedan
I did, they said I have to keep going back to them until I'm satisfied. I guess the adjuster doesn't want to spend more money sending me to another shop. But she emailed the Manager and (s)he'll contact me again

sircoffee

California
Vehicle Model
Civic EX
Body Style
Sedan
I may have heard the adjuster incorrectly, she emailed her own manager not the shop manager. He left me a message and wanted to send an agent to look at the bumper and he also said that sending me to a different shop is not a problem but he has to see the paint job first. I feel like I don't need a second opinion. I'm the customer, I decide when I'm satisfied, even though these are nick picky things. I hope he won't be like "ohh thats minor... forget about it, you cant see it from 10 feet away... Yada yada"