Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
Lol. It might look smaller if I got tires with smaller thread width.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
They look nice on the car. Not smallish like when you posted just the wheel....

Seeing this makes me happy that I didn't go with 18's. I think it looks perfect. Is it May yet? Maybe I should email TireRack and ask for an update? :confused:

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
Like an inch. You can upgrade to brembos with this setup. My stocks only give about 3mm with the tsx calipers.

You should see the lack of clearance I have with my winter setup. I think @Nix panicked at first when he saw it.

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
Speaking of my winter setup. I would have to do something different if I decide to upgrade the brakes.
You can get el cheapo 15lb 17x7 Kosei wheels for winter. But the paint might not be able to handle the snow salt.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
You should see the lack of clearance I have with my winter setup. I think @Nix panicked at first when he saw it.

Yup! I was like ohfuck I hope it clears. I knew it didn't clear my brakes. I figured they would have let us know at tire rack if they didn't make it before we left. I can actually take a picture of how much it doesn't clear by based on the wear pattern on the rotors. The pads sit like 3-4mm outside the full center of the rotor surface. Just enough for the edge of the caliper to hit those wheels. I had confirmation from one person that they would fit but it was a possibility that they wouldn't. Sometimes people on the internet aren't truthful. Hahah.

Worst case, I would have given you your wheels back with the new tires on them. I was willing to eat that cost on the chance they didn't work out. I would have bought a set of all seasons that day, mounted them on my summer wheels, and figured out something new for the spring. It had the potential to be a very expensive day. hahaha

Michal006

PA
Vehicle Model
Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 6MT
Body Style
Access Cab
Installed lowering springs from Eibach ProKit. Car looks and handles so much better right now.:party:I will post some pics later today.

Last edited: