Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

andre12dbsi

Gatineau, QC Canada
Vehicle Model
'15 Acura TLX SH-AWD Tech
Body Style
Sedan
I traded it. I will miss the Si but it was time for something different.

I picked up a new TLX. Lots of technology to learn.

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
I drove through a pothole and this happened. And engine mount bolt sheered and caused the engine to shift. Now I'll need a new belt and engine mount bolt. I'll also need to drill out the other half of the bolt BC it is stuck.

Sarcras

North Dakota
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FB6
That definitely sucks but at least it wasn't hundreds. If heard some bad, bad things about potholes and cars not getting along.

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Yeah, one of my friends busted two of his snow tires and one wheel from a pot holt during the winter. Another bent his Mercedes' AMG wheel two days ago. I still need to inspect other components. I'm not sure if the wheels/tires are affected.

Sarcras

North Dakota
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FB6
I would think if anything else major happened, it would have been noticeable on the flatbed. But I guess you won't really find out until you crawl underneath. Fingers crossed though.

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
I know where it is. I usually take that road to get to Clifton.
Its on that bridge in totowa. Middle lane. It sucks BC I couldn't see it due to the rain and it was really dark.

ethlar

Grumpy Moderator
Super Mod
Philly
Vehicle Model
TLX 3.5 SH-AWD Tech
Body Style
Sedan
id contact the local municipality because if its big enough to do that sort of damage they should be at least partially financially responsible. I was able to get some money from Blacksburg when their water main construction punctured 2 of my tires

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
Yeah, one of my friends busted two of his snow tires and one wheel from a pot holt during the winter. Another bent his Mercedes' AMG wheel two days ago. I still need to inspect other components. I'm not sure if the wheels/tires are affected.

I cracked 2 BMW wheels on smallish pot holes when I had my ZHP. The second one was on the highway and it ended up cutting the tire.

Sarcras

North Dakota
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FB6
id contact the local municipality because if its big enough to do that sort of damage they should be at least partially financially responsible. I was able to get some money from Blacksburg when their water main construction punctured 2 of my tires
I totally agree they should be at the very least partially responsible if not completely. Especially if it is a public highway and I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't the first person to experience an incident like that.