VTEC before 5,000 miles??

TFK KaNx

Lancaster PA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hey all! Long time and no posts! Sorry, been so busy. I used to have a 2012 Si - Black Coupe but now I am gonna be a daddy so I went with a 2013 Si - Dyno Blue Sedan. I just want some opinions on hitting VTEC early. I have about 2,500 or a little more and I have accidently hit it 2x now.
Thanks!

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1375462364262.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1375462364262.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 22

Modifier
Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
That thread has a lot of useful info. I hit the limiter 3-4 times before I hit 100 miles lol

JoeJxnSi

Chicago Suburbs, IL
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
The dealer told me not to be too rough on it for the first 500 miles. That doesn't stop anybody though.

You're well passed that point so go crazy.

Bulkybear

I was hard as can be on mine from day one. Still running strong and am not burning oil or anything.

trustdestruction

Tampa, FL
I beat on my engine the moment I got the car. It was made for it. Just hit 15k miles and it runs great. Not burning any oil at all after passing an extended break-in period of around 10k miles (it may have stopped sooner).

Oh and mine is in the range of VINs with the oil ring problem. So if I'm not burning oil then you've got nothing to worry about. I'm convinced that the daily excitement I give my K24 is what made the rings seat properly.

Using mobil1 full synthetic, manufacturer recommended viscosity. Just don't change the oil for the first time until you get to around 0% oil life with the maintenance minder.

DPMaxA

Houston
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
mine only has around 740 miles on it, and the guy at the dealer didn't tell me anything lol. that thread is what told me to break it in. i hit vtec all the freaking time lmao

Modifier
Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I think I mentioned it in the other thread posted above, but I talked to a tech at my dealer when I first bought the car, and he told me they break it in at the factory and that I should drive it how I'll always be driving it, right off the lot.
so I definitely beat on it :)