ZDX TB FOR STOCK IM

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
Thinking about buying this just curious if it's actually worth it using the stock IM. I have no interest in installing an RBC so this seemed like a decent option if there is anything to actually be gained from buying it.

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
Ya I don't really wanna do the whole RBC swap so this looked like a viable option to pair with my prl cai but if the gains will be minimal to nothing no point in dropping $300 for the parts and another $100 for a re tune I trust most of the info on this forum so I figured someone would give me a straight answer

bardley

Someone on another forum put the zdx throttle body on the stock IM with a 3.5inch intake and said he notice a dramatic increase in low end torque and throttle response even before a retune.

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
I am torn with this at the moment I need a few more opinions before dropping $400 do you have a link to that post ?

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
Found the link thank you for that I think I will just buy it I guess It can't really hurt

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
Ya I was reading that I just put the PRL cai on about a month ago and paid for a re tune I should have waited lol now if I do this I gotta buy another one.

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
Gonna place the order now I probably won't have any real results until the end of the month when I get another re tune.

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
Okay should be good to go placed the order for the ZDX combo deal and ordered some t-bolt clamps to replace those cheesy ones that came with the PRL gonna order the VIT throttle body plug as well.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
I would consult with Vit before ordering. If I recall correctly, he is the one that said gains are in the high rpm range and minimal. I would be careful with observational gains when done in tandem with other parts. Especially without a dyno sheet for proof.

OffTheWall

Virginia
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Sedan
I feel I wanna do the same setup. I want to stay NA and not really interested in doing the RBC swap. I have seen people post in the upper 200's with NA setup sand I would like to do the same. I read a post where someone had the ZDX without the RBC and he had it ported with a PRL spacer and had his stock intake ported as well. He had not posted Dyno numbers yet because he still tuning with @VitViper .

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
I feel I wanna do the same setup. I want to stay NA and not really interested in doing the RBC swap. I have seen people post in the upper 200's with NA setup sand I would like to do the same. I read a post where someone had the ZDX without the RBC and he had it ported with a PRL spacer and had his stock intake ported as well. He had not posted Dyno numbers yet because he still tuning with @VitViper .
Not sure where you saw upper 200s. So far, full boltons (3.5" intake/dp/rbc/zdx/exhaust) is getting people around 230-240 to the wheels. Anything beyond that would be due to using E85 (bigger injectors are necessary).

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
I just wanna try different things if I get some decent gains from the ZDX great. I am not expecting to add a TB and be at 300HP, but the way I look at it upgrading the TB can not be a bad thing in anyway shape or form.