Slow but SERIOUS build thread

The tein street advance coilovers, but those are out the picture already. Lowest they go is only about 2.3 inches lol, my friend has D2's on his sedan and loves them, and they're pretty good price wise also. So now Im debating whether D2 or K-Sports lol

I would recommend the K-Sport simply for the upper pillowball mount which will allow for camber adjustments on the front struts without the need for camber bolts. It's kind of a nice feature.

The K-sports also have several different "trim" levels. Although not all are available for the 2012+ yet. I know I had personally looked into the K-Sport GT Pro or Circuit Pro dampers. They seem to be pretty top notch. They had also come out with integrated rear versions where the spring is on the strut in the rear just like in the front. Kinda nice if you put the car up on a lift you won't have to worry about the spring being loose and possibly coming out of place. Uncommon but a possibility with the normal "coilover" rear setups.

What's your budget and time frame for purchase?

No more then $1200, just want to do this before November. Asap really lol

Yeah I know, but from what I've found there's only one kit available for the 9th

If you can push your budget a little bit I think you will get a lot better performance from the Redshift Motorsports Koni based coilovers. Up to 3" drop.

http://www.redshiftmotorsports.com/RedShift2012CivicSuspPackages.htm

It's $1300 if you send in your stock struts after you install the new ones. Yours should be new enough that they can reuse them and get you the full refund.

Other than that I would probably steer you towards the K-Sports.

The Redshift Coilover has the Tien springs and Koni shocks. Best of both worlds.

Nevermind, the springs are Eibachs. Still best of both worlds.

I'm not really planning to track/auto-x my car so I don't really need extreme performance but I'll see. They work like regular coilovers right? This is going to be my first time buying coils lol so I'm a complete noob at this

Yes and no. Normal coilovers have like half the spring rates of the Redshifts. :D

You'll need camber bolts or camber plates on the front and camber arms still.

I'm getting the Buddy club coilovers .... thats the best one I found after my mini research at least from the 8th

Yeah. Just you're paying a little more because the Koni dampers are very nice, adjustable, and rebuildable. The other thing is that the front is an insert so the outside is a stock Honda strut. It bolts up really really well. Fitment is spot on.

I'm on my second Koni setup and I love the frickin things. But I just run a spring cause I don't trust the threads on the coils to not get eaten up by the salt and sand. I didn't want to pay a ton extra for the adjustability only to have it ruined in one NE winter.

The K-sports might be a little more blingy though. So if you like the look of the K-sports Id say get em'.

it might also be worth sending a message to RedShiftChris and get some input from him on the advantage of their coilover vs. the aftermarket K-Sport/Tein & to make sure the price includes everything you need.

I'm getting the Buddy club coilovers .... thats the best one I found after my mini research at least from the 8th

I'm still active on 8thcivic. Lol. Redshift still beats a lot of coilovers in that forum (in terms of function). The best bang for the buck suspension for the 8thgens seem to be the Godspeeds (RS and Mono tube), but are not available for the 9thgens.

Yeah. Just you're paying a little more because the Koni dampers are very nice, adjustable, and rebuildable. The other thing is that the front is an insert so the outside is a stock Honda strut. It bolts up really really well. Fitment is spot on.

I'm on my second Koni setup and I love the frickin things. But I just run a spring cause I don't trust the threads on the coils to not get eaten up by the salt and sand. I didn't want to pay a ton extra for the adjustability only to have it ruined in one NE winter.

The K-sports might be a little more blingy though. So if you like the look of the K-sports Id say get em'.

it might also be worth sending a message to RedShiftChris and get some input from him on the advantage of their coilover vs. the aftermarket K-Sport/Tein & to make sure the price includes everything you need.

The threads can always be wrapped with saran wrap. :D Moisture will get in though.

TheSlowAndTheSerious - Do keep in mind you will need some budget left over for things like camber arms, camber bolts, and a good alignment especially if you are going low.

Yeah, I think I might go with Ksports so and use the extra money for camber arms, bolts, alignment, and rear sway bar. Bro you're awesome thanks for all the info, I just need my coils to go low in spring/summer/fall and 4x4 in the winter lol. Of course there's a need for performance but like I said I'm not gonna track my car so I think I'll be alright with Ksports. I honestly like the look of the redshift coils though lol

Reactions: Nix
No problem man. I hope you like em' and keep us up to date when you get them put on!

Definitely, some kid from IG just texted me saying he wants to trade wheels with me Idk how I feel about em not my cup of tea lol they're 17x9 wheels and he's running them on stock 9th gen Si wheels I haven't seen em in person but that stretch must be bad lol. But yeah nix thanks a lot bro...the day I win rotm I'm thanking Dar (my personal advisor) and now you my brotha!

zu5ygu2a.jpg

You guys like those? Eehhhhh naaaaa!!

I'm not sure about the look on a white car.

I've seen those in person... they look inexpensive. The high end wheels in that design are nice though. I've got nothing against XXR or rep wheels but sometimes they just cant pull off the style without it looking like it came from Wal-Mart. Same with the Rota J-Mags. Look great on the computer but in person there is just something off.

What's your wheel budget? I'm looking at new wheels for next spring... I might let you in on a secret.

Back