9thCivic Dragon IV Official Registration Thread

These dws06 feel like I'm driving on clouds. So much better than the worn out Goodyears I had

Getting the valves adjusted Monday so I can bounce off the rev limiter and be carefree

All my parts are boring. Boring tires, spark plugs, accessory belt, and valve adjustment. I wish I could say "just gotta finish the coilover install and get a proper alignment before I install this kraftwerks kit." But no, regular maintenance for Greg

All my parts are boring. Boring tires, spark plugs, accessory belt, and valve adjustment. I wish I could say "just gotta finish the coilover install and get a proper alignment before I install this kraftwerks kit." But no, regular maintenance for Greg

Regular maintenance is important. I wouldn't want coilovers.

Meanwhile on the Dragon.

11952886_10153629193213140_9195665336891658030_o.jpg

This is why we can't stress enough, drive within your limits and make sure the car is GTG before the trip.
This is why we can't have nice things. He was busy texting his girlfriend. Probably broke his lawnchair too :D.

Why not do the valves yourself? It's only $15 for the tool and $25 for the gasket.

Why not do the valves yourself? It's only $15 for the tool and $25 for the gasket.

I haven't looked into it much, but from videos I've seen showing how to adjust valves, it seems like it's something you have to know the feel of as far as setting lash. If I had someone with me that had done it, and could say "this is how tight it needs to be" then I'd be good to do it from now on. But I'm not comfortable doing it solo my first time, too paranoid I'd mess it up and do damage to the motor

I haven't looked into it much, but from videos I've seen showing how to adjust valves, it seems like it's something you have to know the feel of as far as setting lash. If I had someone with me that had done it, and could say "this is how tight it needs to be" then I'd be good to do it from now on. But I'm not comfortable doing it solo my first time, too paranoid I'd mess it up and do damage to the motor
Makes sense. I have done it a few times on the BMW. Planning to do mine next week. Past the interval, but still close enough.

I need to do a tire rotation, get an alignment and also install a part...

All I have to do is make sure I make it to the airport to fly down, the philadelphia airport is only 30 minutes away.

About 3.5 hours from hartsfield jackson to fontana and you're good to go.

I'll be driving a rental from atl to fontana so I would definitely hope it would make it.

Ok I appreciate it that's really not too far I live in South western Virginia

Yea you're only a few hours away, and there's cabin space so come on down for a few days if you can.

Ok I appreciate it that's really not too far I live in South western Virginia
I drive the Back of the Dragon between Marion and Tazwell often. You in that area?

Back