Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

I used dupli-color. It's a brush on type. I put on 3 coats, hope it lasts. I live in Arizona so at least don't have to worry about salt

I installed my coilovers and rear camber arms in the garage with the help of my youngest son (he's 15 years old and an amazing helper)
First of all I thoroughly enjoyed spending the time working on this project with one of my kids especially since we both love cars. I'm glad we did this ourselves so that we get a better understanding of how the car is built and how all the suspension works.
Secondly I love the end result. I'm thrilled with the way my car looks now. No more crazy wheel gap.
I've always loved the look of lowered cars and now I get to own one myself. :woowoo:

Rolled the project car outa the garage and into the sunlight for the first time in 8 months. Gave it a 10 mile shakedown and then hosed the dust off.
bf13a4dde97db234de09e70bbabd0e79.jpg

I entered the Civic in its first show even though there isn't much to show. Firstly, I wanted to help support the imports and show the American Muscle crowd that they aren't the only car enthusiasts. Secondly, I took the opportunity to spread the Gospel to a crowd that is normally overlooked.

Show pics

Edit: changed link

Last edited:
Trans fluid change. This is a relatively easy method for changing the mtf fluid. :D
48780d86d8387b6ed5755038790ee2e4.jpg

c38cfd8368ce18428397fa191b14a5f8.jpg

605443c6136cc6ec1f19219cd42f5fa3.jpg

It's Honda MTF fluid btw. My phone camera isn't too great.

So I finally got around to finishing my interior upgrade.
The kit I ordered came with black leather door inserts.
After installing them I realized how boring they were with the red and black seats.
So I ordered some red suede and did the door inserts.

The company that did the seats wanted an absurd amount for the fabric to do the inserts..so yeah.
While it's not an exact match to what is on the seats, for 1/4 of the price....it's close enough for me...

interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

I went about installing a KartBoy short shifter adapter kit on the WRX. It was a hassle and a half because everything seemed to be going wrong (seized bolts, lost tension pins, etc.); just my luck. A supposedly 2 hour max job took my friend and me 7+ hours! Well worth it though. It's my first legitimate short shifter kit, and I'm really digging the new and improved throws!

c4dc904e49d97ec450c07125482997f7.jpg

I went about installing a KartBoy short shifter adapter kit on the WRX. It was a hassle and a half because everything seemed to be going wrong (seized bolts, lost tension pins, etc.); just my luck. A supposedly 2 hour max job took my friend and me 7+ hours! Well worth it though. It's my first legitimate short shifter kit, and I'm really digging the new and improved throws!

c4dc904e49d97ec450c07125482997f7.jpg
I think I saw your post in the Nasioc thread about having trouble. I can't remember your name on there but I'm 96accord on there. ;)

I think I saw your post in the Nasioc thread about having trouble. I can't remember your name on there but I'm 96accord on there. ;)

I've looked around a few threads trying to figure out what your tag was over there!! [emoji14] My username is the same here as it is there. Do you have a build thread??

Back