2012 Civic Si Rev Hang - Software Update

Yes!! Can't wait to get mine reflased! Although I've become used to the rev hang ha.

Gonna bring mine in next week I'll ask bout it cuz my sunroof cover (part that's inside the car) is off the track.

i got it dont notice to much...maybe I got a wrong update haha it seems better in high rpms though

Ok...it was fixed when I drove to lunch today. But on my drive home it seems to be doing it again. I notice it mostly during the 2-3 shift and 3-4 shift. Does the computer fix itself to the old program? Relearn?

i would think it would be noticeable when you rev the engine, and let your foot off the pedal. if the revs hang there for a second, and then slowly come down, its not been fixed.

even in my 8th gen non-si, with the drive by wire, it would rev according to the pedal, there wasnt any hesitation.

once the 9th gens are flashed with the update, they should behave similarly.

mine still holds for a few sec when revved thats for sure

Glad my dealership knows so much about there cars. Very upset with them they wouldn't even hook up and check

make an appointment for an oil change or something, and tell the tech to hook the car up for a reading.

A software update is now available for 2012 Honda Civic Si vehicles in the US. You need to take your vehicle to your nearest dealership to have the update done.

"Recommended Program Update X0A030"

The dealership will need to connect their MVCI tester to your car and will provide a trouble code reading "PGM-FI". The software update Program is supposed to greatly help/remove the rev hang.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-3vwk4mnF4

"Rev Hang" is described as the throttle floating/hanging after you've put the clutch in/stopped pushing the gas, and the rpms do not drop.

At this point, the info has not spread around to all dealership staff. Most will have no clue what you are talking about until they hook your car up to the MVCI tester & see the trouble code first hand.

Actually the update is x0a050 not x0a030 i just had my car done just to make sure you know cause the x0a030 was already on my car

And to justify the rev hang is kinda still there but not as bad. But you have to realize its a honda its a high reving engine and it come from factory with a lighten flywheel which make sense for the rev hang.

Yeah I live in Cali. He said if there was an update that it would have shown up when he pulled my VIN up. and he wouldn't bother even hooking it up to check

Yeah I live in Cali. He said if there was an update that it would have shown up when he pulled my VIN up. and he wouldn't bother even hooking it up to check

You have to go in and tell him that you have a rev hang issue and make him put the mvci tester on it other wise it won't show up. The tech at honda thought i was bull s$%&& but the moment he plug it in there it was the recommended updated hope this help

You have to go in and tell him that you have a rev hang issue and make him put the mvci tester on it other wise it won't show up. The tech at honda thought i was bull s$%&& but the moment he plug it in there it was the recommended updated hope this help
ahh okay thank you!

I've read elsewhere that some dealers don't have this update yet. It all depends on how often they sync up with corporate and pull new updates down. Some dealers do it more frequently than others I'm sure. I'm planning on waiting a week or two then going to my dealer. The rev-hang drives me crazy. You'd think it would be bad for gas mileage as well.

It is awesome that Honda came out with a fix. If not I was going to pay for the Hondata reflash before the summer was over.

Back