2012 K24z7 Build

Mods, can you post everything typed below into my first post starting where I left off? Thanks.

Looks like a no go for the cams and other cylinder head goodies. I received an email back from Marquis at KMOD Performance today stating somethings slightly different than I had been told before, but seeing as how he is the main guy I trust his advice and expertise. Here is what he said about building the Top End of the K24z7:

"Sorry, but the 2012 Si Cylinder head & its parts are not interchangeable w/ the 02-11 K-series. Its an all new design. The cams, Rockers, Head bolt holes, are all different. The ex manifold is grafted into the head. Its really not an engine that can be modified for much over stock. Honda K-series modification stops w/ this one. There may be parts that come out for but don't expect large gains like the type we've seen w/ the 02-11 k-Series. It looks like forced induction may be the only option. -Marquis"

So for now looks like simple bolt ons and ECU reflash will have to be relied upon to gain any additional power out of this engine. KMOD specializes in building K24 engines so this was definitely not something I wanted to hear but if I had to hear it, Im glad it came from a group of people who know these engines inside out. I have found out that Blueprintracing.com offers RBC Intake Mani Port & Polish for $500 or for $700 they will take a brand new RBC Intake Mani, Port & Polish then send it to you. The $200 obviously is the cost of the RBC IM. The RBC IM I ordered is on the way, still waiting for a tracking number though.

I have canceled the order placed for the 8th Gen K&N Typhoon Intake after some new light was shed on the topic of using an intake designed for the K20 engine on the K24. I am currently looking at AEM Short Ram Intakes designed for the TSX or Accord with K24s. Both vehicles take a different model number intake and from what I can tell is its the mounting points that make it slightly different, I don't mind having to fab some sort of new mounting bracket for the intake, gives me reason to get the welder out! I have confirmed that the Acura TSX uses an MAF identical to ours so the fittings on the intake should be correct (I am still looking for Acura TSX pics prior to 2008, but 2008+ seem to use the same shaped MAF). I will of course be checking with AEM in the next couple days when time permits with work and what not to see if I could use this intake system. I have seen several people using different types of intakes when doing K swaps, they usually find one that will fit the engine bay of whatever car they are swapping into and use it. More info to come.

I did hear back from Jeff Evan at Evan's Tuning concerning the Hondata Reflash for our cars, I asked him some questions concerning knock that I was getting in my 8th gen with Flashpro as well, here is what he had to say about it:

Kelly,
We offer the reflash option here: http://store.evans-tuning.com/tuning/ems/honda/hondata-reflash.html
The reflash is a pre set tune, so nothing can be changed. Further modifications other than what they have outlined in the reflash page could potentially lose power. Knock actually is able to be monitored even on the factory flash/stock through a dealer monitoring tool. Even the stock ecm seems knock while driving around, the ecu makes adjustments based on that information. I have sold alot of reflashes over the past few years and never had a single issue.
Jeff Evans
Evans Tuning
www.evans-tuning.com[/quote]

Sorry to reply to such a long post, but I want to clariy that the rockers ARE the same from a 2012 si and a 2011 accord ex k24. The cams would obviously have a different grind, and the intake cam gear is different because the vtc actuator is integrated into it. Valves are the exact same part number as well. I know you trust your boy, but he's misinformed. All performance parts made for the k series internals should go on just fine. Of course I would always double check against stock part numbers, but the only difference should be the integrated exhaust manifold being shitty.

What you can do...

Injen Cai
Edelbrock 70mm throttle body
aFe Power throttle body spacer
Golden Eagle intake manifold
Skunk2 composite fuel rail
Honda of Japan 410cc fuel injectors
Whalbro 400lph in-tank fuel pump
Tsudo full cat-back exhaust system
Strut Racing front tower stabilizer bar
Eibach anti-roll sway bar kit
D2 Racing or Megan Racing Coilovers
Skunk2 rear camber kit
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo Tires
NGK irridium spark plugs
Skunk2 adjustable cams

Adding 80+whp all with what's available to our cars is impossible as far as I know.

Adding 80+whp all with what's available to our cars is impossible as far as I know.

That's because they don't have all the parts;

Cold Air Intake
Throttle Body Spacer
Throttle Body
Intake Manifold
Forged Head
Forged Block
Forged Bottom End
Titanium Springs
Forged Pistons
Forged Piston Tie Rods
Aluminum Flywheel
Fuel Pump
Fuel Injectors
Composite Fuel Rails
Spark Plugs
Spark Plug Wires
Pulleys
Camshafts
Cam Gears
Exhaust Downpipe
Exhaust
Engine Torque Damper
Radiator
Clutch
Transmission Gears
ECU......

With the upgrades a car can easily exceed +70 hp gains. Just have to have the parts and the "know how" to make it happen. Look at Bisimoto's Civic Si.... 1004whp! What about Brian Fox's Fox Marketing Civic Si... 450whp!

Cold Air Intake
Throttle Body Spacer
Throttle Body
Intake Manifold
Forged Head<---WTF?
Forged Block
Forged Bottom End

Titanium Springs
Forged Pistons
Forged Piston Tie Rods<---WTF?
Aluminum Flywheel
Fuel Pump
Fuel Injectors
Composite Fuel Rails
Spark Plugs
Spark Plug Wires
Pulleys
Camshafts<---none exist for the K24Z7
Cam Gears<---none exist for the K24Z7
Exhaust Downpipe
Exhaust
Engine Torque Damper
Radiator
Clutch
Transmission Gears
ECU......

With the upgrades a car can easily exceed +70 hp gains. Just have to have the parts and the "know how" to make it happen. Look at Bisimoto's Civic Si.... 1004whp! What about Brian Fox's Fox Marketing Civic Si... 450whp!

I'm talking about off the shelf bolt-ons, not turbo or supercharger kits, or tens of thousands of dollars worth of totally custom parts.

Swap a K20 head onto the car and you get the benefit of their cams and cam gears. I know of a build with a K20A2 head and another guy planning a swap with K20Z3.

I was not aware of a tuning solution for this, but I had read about someone maybe planning on trying it some time soon: which, to me is not very concrete. If a tuning solution does indeed exist for a K20 head, then I'm pretty sure there are several K24/K20 builds on different platforms than the 9th gen with well over 260whp. With the parts available that are specific to the K24Z7, however, this is not possible as far as I have seen.

Cold Air Intake
Throttle Body Spacer
Throttle Body
Intake Manifold
Forged Head DAFUQ
Forged Block
Forged Piston Tie Rods never heard of this
Forged Bottom End
Forged Pistons

It almost sound all the same to me
forged bottom end includes :rods, piston crank

Titanium Springs
Aluminum Flywheel
Fuel Pump
Fuel Injectors
Composite Fuel Rails
Spark Plugs
Spark Plug Wires Seriously.. bro did you ever opened the hood of a '12 civic...
Pulleys
Camshafts If you find some for the K24Z7 im buying right now
Cam Gears SAme has above
Exhaust Downpipe
Exhaust
Engine Torque Damper
Radiator how much hp does a radiator gives
Clutch
Transmission Gears i see so much hp here
ECU......

With the upgrades a car can easily exceed +70 hp gains. Just have to have the parts and the "know how" ( LOL ) to make it happen. Look at Bisimoto's Civic Si.... 1004whp! What about Brian Fox's Fox Marketing Civic Si... 450whp!

bro did you even build any engine?

bro did you even build any engine?

No bro, I didn't build any engine lol I realized however I miss spelled a couple of the parts and CAMSHAFTS and CAMGEARS are two different things. Camshafts dont exist for the k24 yet, but camgears do. As a matter of fact, Skunk2 makes them and you can find them on Procivic's website they're listed in the engine>internals>adjustable cam gears; yeah I have opened the hood of my Civic trollolol; depends on the radiator; depending on the tuning of the timing of the transmission gears you will increase and decrease things like acceleration and top end speed; No offense, but I'm starting to wonder if you're just trying to sound cool over the internet.

No bro, I didn't build any engine lol I realized however I miss spelled a couple of the parts and CAMSHAFTS and CAMGEARS are two different things. Camshafts dont exist for the k24 yet, but camgears do. As a matter of fact, Skunk2 makes them and you can find them on Procivic's website they're listed in the engine>internals>adjustable cam gears; yeah I have opened the hood of my Civic trollolol; depends on the radiator; depending on the tuning of the timing of the transmission gears you will increase and decrease things like acceleration and top end speed; No offense, but I'm starting to wonder if you're just trying to sound cool over the internet.

No offense, but there isn't a doubt in my mind that trying to sound cool on the Internet is precisely what you are doing.

No offense, but there isn't a doubt in my mind that trying to sound cool on the Internet is precisely what you are doing.

I doubt that. I really don't care about sounding cool. I'm simply correcting myself for the errors I previously made.

So if you already opened it...you havent noticed that THERE IS NO SPARK PLUG WIRES... radiator doesnt give any horsepower..it only help kepping engine operating temperature lower..even tho you need to push the car really hard and for a long time to need better rad!

For the gears..you are right. But its not a simple and cheap modification...and what most people do it to change the FinalDrive for an higher obe(better acceleration) or lower(more top speed) but people rarely change the gear in the tranny itself..but then again...no horsepower there..

Last edited:

Please tell us why you would put cam gears on STOCK cams?

hTcmh7j.gif

Back