2nd gear diagnosis

I have ground second a couple times while shifting at redline, it only seems to happen when I am not really paying attention or I try and grab second while the tires are spinning. I know it sounds like I'm a dummy, but whenever I actually pay attention to shifting at high rpms it doesn't grind. I figured i just wasn't pushing the clutch in far enough before shifting, or it was because of the rev hang. I know it probably doesn't have anything to do with the hang, but i like to blame everything on that. :rotfl:
Actually I think the rev hang contributes to it. Puts a lot of stress on the cone of the synchros to synchronize the input and output shafts when the engine isn't decelerating.

I've heard good about the reflash. But I've also heard its more jerky as when you let off the throttle it goes into deceleration mode faster (to get rid of the hang). One member also has shown it runs really rich I think.

I've heard good about the reflash. But I've also heard its more jerky as when you let off the throttle it goes into deceleration mode faster (to get rid of the hang). One member also has shown it runs really rich I think.
yea the running rich concerns me. i hate the rev hang but dont know if its worth all that money for hondata to change the bad with the bad (rev hang to jerky and running rich) :hmmm?:

so when i step on it from 1st i spin alot and i have problems puttin in 2nd not to brag but im a good shifter and its really hard to put it 2nd without grinding my mods are i/dp/e... any of you have this prob? any solutions?

so when i step on it from 1st i spin alot and i have problems puttin in 2nd not to brag but im a good shifter and its really hard to put it 2nd without grinding my mods are i/dp/e... any of you have this prob? any solutions?

How long have you had your mods? It may just be an issue of getting accustomed to the change in power band.

Otherwise, how many miles/last transmission fluid change?

You may also want to consider a shortshifter(or adapter), base bushings, and cable bushings. I have all of these plus full bolt-ons and am probably pushing 230whp and do not have any problems.

havent done the fluid change car has 17k miles i spin way too much if i take off in 1st im not catching grip until 3rd...and i have the mods for about 5-6 months now

Back