9th Gen 2012 Civic Short Shifter Finally Here!

Remove your shift knob and nut
Place hand in back of shift boot pull up on the lip(set piece aside)
The cup holders will pull out also( make sure arm rest is open when removing)
2 black plugs at the front of the right panel(screw driver works best to pull center part of plug)
Unplug the grey plug at the front
I believe there's 2 8mm screws down the middle right of center.console
heres my help from when i did the install
If anyone is interested, I can do a DIY for the CT Engineering short shifter as I just ordered one and will be installing it this weekend or next.

^Thanks!

I will take note when I start to pull mine apart.

Changes the fulcrum which makes the bottom part move more when the top is moved, its science.
Question:

Why do some of the shifters look shortened? They are still the same length above the new fulcrum, right?

these SS arnt oem honda parts
Yup, I hear ya. My underlying point (not well articulated) was that the poster shouldn't be scared away solely because it's made in China, because their parts are in everything we touch these days. Wish we made more things here. Maybe we will again soon.

Yup, I hear ya. My underlying point (not well articulated) was that the poster shouldn't be scared away solely because it's made in China, because their parts are in everything we touch these days. Wish we made more things here. Maybe we will again soon.
. Gotcha now

Thanks bigbossin I'm gonna pick it up on my way home from work and do the install tonight...for our shift knobs do we just turn the knob counter clockwise and the little piece under it clockwise?

I've been reading around and so people have had no trouble just twisting it off while others have had a lot of problems cause it was on so tight
Mine was on real tight and wasn't sure how to get started.
To get to the nut that you have to loosen in order to loosen the shift knob, pull down on the black plastic ring at the top of the shift boot. You'll see that it has five or six fingers that keep the boot ring above the nut. So carefully wriggle the plastic ring down and off of the nut. Then use a 14 mm spanner (open-end wrench), turning clockwise, to loosen the nut. Once it is loose, the shift knob can be turned out counterclockwise by hand. Hope this helps.

Just ordered. Procivic says 30 min install time... Guess I'll find out. I've got the mother of all dremels. Soon we will see young padawan.

Remove the shift knob and locking nut, that will free up the shift boot and cubby to come off
Open the center console to free the cup holders to come out
No theres 2or3 8mm screws that hold the right side on and a clip at the very front by the glove box
From there just pull the side enough to reach in and get everything done

Back