Angel Eyes Projectors & Aftermarket Headlights - Threads Merged

are the white bits supposed to light up like a hyundai sonata hybrid?

2011_hyundai_sonata_hybrid_headlight_detail.jpg

Maybe if you paint all the white bits black and leave the front clear to shine through it could look decent

The halo for the Hyundai is bit much for me. lol. I prefer the regular ring look.

most projector headlights like these are halogen proejctors an not meant for hids.. most of the time these projectors have worse output than stock..

Any idea how much a single very good retrofit? with all the part total price so I can compare when I find someone to do it?

$500 is the cheapest I have ever seen advertised by customlightz. Mini H1's. It was a promo deal though but that's the lowest I've ever seen "advertised."

Actually, I've bought headlights on eBay (for a del Sol, and 93 Civic sedan) that were pretty good. I have also owned some that suck.

I'm at work so I can't click the eBay link, so i'm unsure which style they are, but here's how my experiences have been:

generic eBay projectors (93 Civic Sedan): Terrible. Horrible light output, especially in rain and even Sylvania Silverstars did not help (did not try HIDs, however, which would probably fix the light output problem). The cutoff was also very bad and did not look straight at all; It was all over the place.

Anzo USA projectors (procivic.com): Just as terrible as the generic eBay projectors. The housings were a little heavier/more solid but the projector beams adjusted very poorly and actually broke during adjustment.

generic eBay reflector housing headlights (93 del sol): These worked great. Not as perfect as OEM, but they did the job and looked good. The light output was excellent with any bulbs you put in them and the beam pattern was correct (but not correct when used with HIDs of course).

generic direct OEM-replicas (93 Civic): These were also great and performed almost just as well as OEM.

With all of these headlights I purchased and any headlight purchase that is not OEM, you should always seal the housing/lens seam with silicone, regardless of whether they appear to already be sealed. This will prevent moisture from entering and clouding the lens.

Last edited:
Whoa! Gotta change mine too..
I wouldn't get em, but they look sharp!

Back