Are these for real!!!So Cheap!!!

I wonder what kind of adapter you would need to hook up the HID. The plug looks different.

Just seen these on eBay with the OEM HID's included. I wanna order them but I'm worried I won't be able to make them work. How much modification is needed?

Have had these installed and working for a while.

Besides the side-bulb harness, you will need an OEM Mitsubishi ballast connector and a 9006 plug to hook up the low-beams. I got my ballast connector here. They also sell just the connectors with pig-tails.

For those who want to try and go through Honda, just know they are currently on a nation-wide back-order with no ETA on more (one of the reasons the ebay seller upped their price from when I bought I assume). Part # is 04321-SNA-305 I believe.

I am not running a relay for this. Just hooked it up and they work flawlessly. Also keep in mind that using the outer bulbs that come with the headlights as your turn-signals will require resistors unless you like hyper-blinking. At least it did on mine, no one else seems to have chimed in on either forum regarding this.

Sure wish they would make some aftermarket headlights for '14-'15 coupes......

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sure wish they would make some aftermarket headlights for '14-'15 coupes......

Truth is aftermarket headlights in general have significantly worse output over oem. Significantly. If you want an actual upgrade, look at installing a h1 mini projector kit from theretrofitsource. It will provide a lot better output over stock or aftermarket headlights.

Truth is aftermarket headlights in general have significantly worse output over oem. Significantly. If you want an actual upgrade, look at installing a h1 mini projector kit from theretrofitsource. It will provide a lot better output over stock or aftermarket headlights.
Do they have a vendor page? Guess I'll just search, that would be the prudent thing to do...thanks @webby

So after looking through their page I noticed there was no kit for the 15 civic coupe for retrofit kits.....Any help

For the "kit" all you would need is:

Projectors
HID kit
Correct wiring harness

You do still have to open the OEM headlight and insert the projector itself. The reason the Mini is so popular is that it threads into the stock bulb hole instead of having to cut away the housing and affix the projector with JB weld or something similar. Usually no major cutting required and alignment is an simple and rotating the projector until the cutoff is straight.

If you're going to buy a second set of housings to work with I would highly suggest finding a used OEM set or buying a new set from Honda. We have been running an aftermarket pair on my wifes car for a couple of years and the UV coating is starting to flake and wear off much much quicker than the OEM lights.

Fitment is 90% and I have no complaints due to price. Just something to keep in mind.

Ok, after looking at the link I get it. Thought there was one specifically for the 9th gens. I knew I had to take the lens off the housing. Does it matter if I paint the shroud or does that need to stay chrome for light dispersal? $270 is a bit steep at the moment, but for the look and the actual improved lighting it would be worth it. Thanks @Nix and @webby for the help.

You could paint them. Some have used a high temp flat black, or other high temp paint. Some have done their entire oem chrome housing flat back

You could paint them. Some have used a high temp flat black, or other high temp paint. Some have done their entire oem chrome housing flat back
Would painting the flat part of the housing affect light output with the standard bulbs in place? Wanting to make my housing as black as possible. Would maybe a gloss black work for that area, so it still reflects light?

Would painting the flat part of the housing affect light output with the standard bulbs in place? Wanting to make my housing as black as possible. Would maybe a gloss black work for that area, so it still reflects light?

the low beam side is the one you'd paint (if you paint anything). If you painted the chrome reflector on the other side you'd lose your high beams. It needs that chrome to reflect the bulb light so you have high beams.

DSC_0548_zps6dba8299.jpg

DSC_0562_zps3727469d.jpg

I know the curved part needs to stay chrome (no retrofit). What I was asking about is the flat part at the bottomof the reflector (no retrofit)? Would I be able to paint that?

That would kill light output if you painted it without a retrofit
That's what I was trying to find out @webby. Thats what I figured, but wasn't entirely sure. Either way itll be a fun project. Thanks for all the support.
I know the curved part needs to stay chrome (no retrofit). What I was asking about is the flat part at the bottomof the reflector (no retrofit)? Would I be able to paint that?

Back