Bald summer tires at 15xxx Miles

I went to the dealership today and spoke with the service manager. He said the tires aren't under warranty and he blamed it on a poor alignment and said that they wouldn't be able to do anything for me. Cool cool cool.
The one that marked all the tires good?

The one that marked all the tires good?
Yeah, he told me that when his guys checked them they probably were good but the alignment was so bad it caused them to do that. I told him that I found that extremely hard to believe.

Take a lawyer with you next time and you'd own that dealership. If you would have killed someone in an accident....or had a fatal accident yourself as a result of the tires it'd be a huge ordeal. The tires did not go from all perfect to bald in 2 months.

Take a lawyer with you next time and you'd own that dealership. If you would have killed someone in an accident....or had a fatal accident yourself as a result of the tires it'd be a huge ordeal. The tires did not go from all perfect to bald in 2 months.
That's exactly how I phrased it! That's when he said "That's why I tell folks to get an alignment every 15k miles." Like, wtf lol

This situation is very serious. I would contact corporate if the people at said dealership are not helping you.

Personally I wouldn't expect money in return (maybe a set of tires) but I wouldn't other to see others have this same issue and/or like Webby said injury someone.

Tires are consumables bro. Summer tires are a softer compound which means they wear faster than all seasons. Use your MK I eyeballs and your hands to check the tread depth and overall condition our your vehicle before heading out on an epic journey. Now you damn kids get off my lawn.

Tires are consumables bro. Summer tires are a softer compound which means they wear faster than all seasons. Use your MK I eyeballs and your hands to check the tread depth and overall condition our your vehicle before heading out on an epic journey. Now you damn kids get off my lawn.

What's MK I eyeballs? :confused:

image.jpeg Something simular happened to me on my acura tl. Ive only had my tires on about 6 months and 8000 miles. Took the acura one morning to the dealer for oil and rotate. Two days later i noticed a wobble in the front end. Got out to do a visual and notice that those wernt my wheels. They were the same model yr wheel but not my actual wheels. When i got back to the dealer they explained that they had a simular tl in the shop next to mine for a tire rotation and maybe Thats how the got swapped. When they called the other customer in, sure enough he had my wheels. It was an older guy and he said he didnt notice. Quick swap and 10 free oil change credits and good to go

Yeah, and I admit to a great deal of personal error in not checking them before the trip. I also understand that with the bigger rims and summer tires you'll wear through them faster, but just 15xxx miles? That's what took me by surprise. The Yokohamas that are on there now are rated for 40k miles, so I hope I won't be buying tires next December lol.

summer HP tires only last a short time with me-I usually get about 10,000 miles sometimes more, but 15,000 they are worn out for sure-I switch tires around myself and don't trust anyone to even tighten the lug nuts-car dealerships are run by jerks and I never bother with them ever. Your wheel s were off center-most of that is your fault-for not looking at how the tires were wearing. Going on a long trip-wrong tires- tread wear should be rated at 500 not 300 with summer tires. How many times did you check your air pressure? Sure the car dealer doesn't care-I don't think I do either LOL.

Back