Black Friday Deals 2011

Sooooooooooooooo many options when trying to build a comp......

:turbospin: decisions decisions? Anything specific you want? I know there are other pc builders on here that may give feedback (if you want any)

Yeah....I will prob make a thread asking for opinions soon. Trying to build something decent for gaming. I know I want to work off an Intel i7 chip, may do a smallish SSD.

you could also look at hybrid drives, that are essentially 7200rpm sata drives w/ a small internal SSD (like 4 gigs).
Seagate has 3 sizes. This is the 500gig
http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Momentus-Solid-Hybrid-ST95005620AS/dp/B003NSBF32

I've looked into those for my MBP - they are supposed to fail quite a bit. It's such a great concept and hopefully the quality will improve in the future.

I'd advise running an SSD for your OS and just get a large secondary drive for all your storage. The performance boost will be insane, I guarantee it.

Yeah....thats why I want a "smallish" SSD. I wouldn't mind a 15 sec boot up time, lol.

The hardest thing I think is picking out the motherboard. Prob want to stick with a Asus board.

I had no clue those hard drives had issues. Now that I think of it, I think it was you (dent) who showed me those drives....

I think asus makes good stuff, but I've had some issues. Two boards I've used in the past had to be sent to service. A replacement board sent back to me actually had a broken processor clip. It wouldn't hold the processor down, and had to be sent back a 2nd time. It wouldn't stop me from buying another asus board though.

Back