Black Friday Deals 2011

you got there at 3am and got a ticket for big items???? There were easily ... EASILY 175+ people standing in line AFTER the tickets ran out. So all of those people bid on his tickets. There were probably 75 people standing in line from midnight on. So if you didn't stand in line the entire night, you wouldn't have received anything big - unless you bought tickets.

Yeah...but this was last year so people showed up later. Some item tickets ran out before they would ask me but there were 1 or 2 more tickets on the TV deal I was going for.

I'm talking about years it opened at 5am... (not this year). Awesome that you were able to get stuff

Image0323.sized.jpg

occupy tim hortons

well, unless you enjoy the lines/crowds/pushing/insanity.. I'd avoid it. I met a guy who said he was on his 7th consecutive year of black friday best buy shopping. He arrived around 4pm every year - (that was when they opened the next morning at 5am). They'd pass out tickets for the big items around 3-4am, so you knew what you would/wouldn't get. He'd basically ask for every big ticket, and then he'd start an auction down the waiting line. He'd see where the tickets ran out, and then he'd ask how much people would pay for his tickets. He'd sell them all off, and drive home. He said he had always cleared $300+ from selling his tickets to people.

I did go to Best Buy today, at like 11am-12pm. But they didn't have a stove in stock. Ended up at Sears and got my jacket right before the door buster ended. :dog:

congrats on the stove...did they have good deals?

nws audio/blood -

Man put two games under his shirt because his grandson got knocked down and hurt in the rush and he needed his hands to help his grandson. A cop saw and immediately arrested him for shoplifting. The man was cooperating while the cop was putting on the handcuffs. The cop out of no where tripped the man and bashed his head nose first into the ground knocking him out and there is blood everywhere. The cop did not know how to care for the man so someone that was there shopping had to help get blood out the mans airways.

This was a K-9 cop already in a bad mood before this happened. "I got the walmart shift"

The video starts after he is already knocked out.

Well we got a pretty decent deal. 339 on a regularly 459 bit? :shrugs:

Still back ordered though.

Walmart needs to "fix" this before they start getting sued. Honestly, not sure why it hasn't happened yet. Walmart is not all to blame bump they aren't doing anything to make the situation better. It has been going on ever since tickle me elmo.

They should adapt the best buy ticket thing.

they've been sued... remember the person trampled & killed in the doorway a few years ago?

“Black Friday” Wal-Mart Settlement

Wal-Mart has agreed to a settlement amount of nearly $2 million dollars in the “Black Friday” incident that resulted in one death and injury to eleven others in their Nassau, New York store. By doing so they will not face criminal charges that were being sought, and could have only resulted in a $10,000 fine. What does this mean to the survivor’s family and others’ who were injured?
Anyone who chooses to accept the settlement will share in a $400,000 fund to compensate them for any injuries sustained during the incident. If they choose to do so they will waive their right to any further options to sue the world’s largest retailer. Does this mean that Wal-Mart is admitting guilt and/or responsibility in the death? No, it does not. More than likely the family of Jdimytal Damour and Leana Lockley, who have not agreed to settle with this amount, will settle out-of-court for an undisclosed amount to prevent any bad publicity or admission of guilt from the corporate giant.

This action would have been costly to prosecute and defend, so it has saved the taxpayers of New York who knows how much in trial expense. Wal-Mart has “deep pockets” and even if they would have been found guilty of criminal negligence there are loopholes and strategies that could have prevented them from paying a dime.

It's getting so bad for Black Friday that I don't want to leave the house... I left once to get food and about got taken out by some psycho in a minivan cause apperently I was not accelerating fast enough for her....

Only good thing is TWM sale and getting my stage 2 shifter for a really good price...

Back