Black Friday Deals 2011

aHDGO.jpg

occupy best buy

Amazon launches 'Penny Pincher' smartphone sale

amazonsmartphonesale_610x497.png
(Credit: Amazon)
Amazon is getting a jump on Black Friday with a smartphone Penny Pincher sale.
The Internet retailer has put all of its smartphones from Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T on sale for one cent. Shoppers can pick up the Motorola Droid Razr, which Verizon Wireless sells for $299 with a two-year contract, for single penny (and the same contract obligations).
Other phones listed at a cent on Amazon's Wireless store include the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic ($199 at Sprint) and the BlackBerry Torch ($99 at AT&T). Also, buyers who activate the hotspot feature on their phone purchase will receive a $100 Amazon gift car.
The sale, which includes free two-day shipping, is valid through November 28. However, deals apply only to new subscribers; customers who already have a contract with that carrier are out of luck.
The sale could give Google a boost in the race to surpass Apple in the number of active devices. At the iPhone 4S launch event on October 4, Apple CEO Tim Cook said it had sold 250 million iOS devices up to that point, a figure that includes iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touches.
However, more than 200 million Android devices have been activated around the world, Google announced last week at its Google Music event. Further, more than 550,000 devices are being activated every day, up from a daily tally of 500,000 in June and 400,000 in May.

Too bad they don't sell the 4S for a penny. I actually need to purchase an unlocked one to take to Argentina.

I have been slacking on my ad searching. Then again I don't really need anything. Need to eyeball stuff to build a computer.....and want to get a new-er car, lol

Too bad they don't sell the 4S for a penny. I actually need to purchase an unlocked one to take to Argentina.

I have been slacking on my ad searching. Then again I don't really need anything. Need to eyeball stuff to build a computer.....and want to get a new-er car, lol
That's it, I'm hiding in your luggage. You can drop me off in Brazil.

noooo clue. Best buy is reportedly setting up movie screens (at some, or all locations) on thanksgiving for people waiting in line.

Peeps are dumb.....just too early. I thought I was crazy for showing up at 3am last year.

Discounts on iPad, iPod and more from Apple on Black Friday

2011-10-14T151849Z_01_WAS405_RTRIDSP_3_APPLE-IPHONE4S-LAUNCH.jpg

It’s time to finally treat yourself to that MacBook Air.

Apple is gearing up for Black Friday in a big way this year, with planned discounts for MacBook laptops, iMacs, iPads, iPods, and plenty more, reports 9to5 Mac.

According to leaked Apple flyers, the company will offer a $101 discount on Mac computers (bringing the Air down to a tempting $898 entry price), $41 to $61 discounts on iPads (depending on size), and smaller discounts for the iPod Touch and iPod Nano. If you’ve already got the Apple gizmo of your dreams, there will also be discounts on first- and third-party accessories, including $11 off the iPad 2 Smart Cover.

The discounts should be available at both Apple retail stores and its online store. Apple has been teasing its online Black Friday sale for the past few days.

While Apple is joining pretty much every other retailer in America with its Black Friday sale, it’s a particularly rare occurrence for the company to offer any discount. You may be able to land some Apple products cheaper as new models are announced, but typically consumers have to rely on third-party retailers to get their Apple fix on the cheap.

Article from: http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...black-friday/2011/11/23/gIQA4uyuoN_story.html

My mom mentioned that she is eyeballing an iPad....i responded with "srsly?"

Not expected from her? She computer saavy?

Also, I don't know if she's the type to care about having the latest thing, but the next iPad is supposed to be Hd resolution, and shipping in the first three months of 2012.

Back